News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny questions

Started by druz15, July 13, 2011, 05:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

druz15

didn't really explain it that well. Basically C11 and R18 run from the tone put to ground, and the tone pot bleeds off frequencies to ground. An SPST connecting the ends of C11 and R18 together, with the other lug connected to ground means when the contact is broken, the tone doesn't bleed the frequencies to ground, essentially bypassing the tone control altogether. If done properly, the muff should be boosted slightly, have a fuller sound, and the tone knob should do nothing when turned.
Basically the same idea as the tone switch on the big muff wicker pedal.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Interesting. I always assumed you needed to skip the whole tone network to effectively do a tone bypass. This way is a whole lot easier. I'll have to give that a try!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

druz15

idea stolen from here basically
http://www.muzique.com/lab/tbypass.htm
except I also have the DPDT switching between different values of R18 & 19, with one lug of the 18 resistors going to the ground switch with C11. Have yet to test it out yet as I'm re-wiring with everything in the enclosure

nzCdog

cool druz...  you'll have to bring it to the next gearfest  8)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Now I realize that I wasn't fully bypassing the tone stack with my original attempt. This way is much more straight forward, just lifting that part from ground. I think the only way to do this to a mudbunny/gruntbox would be to actually remove R18/C11 and solder it directly to the toggle switch, is that how you did it? I can't think of any other way since those components other pads are straight to ground.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

druz15

yeah R18 and C11 directly on one lug of the SPST, wire going to ground pad, wires going from the legs of R18 & C11 to their non-grounded connections on the PCB