News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triton Delay

Started by gül, April 10, 2016, 04:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gül

Just built this, and I love it! I didn't do any mods to this one. I have a second one on the bench for experimentation, but I wanted to build one stock first. Thanks to Timko for sharing the drill template.

Timko

Looks good!  Did you opt for a waterslide graphic r did you d something else?

The Triton is a pedal I'd recommend to anyone looking for a delay. The combination of 2 delay setting with the glissando effect makes it so veristile.

marmora

Nice build!
The fact that you say you love it is making me really want to try the Triton circuit.

bcalla

Well done!  I really like your graphic and font.

selfdestroyer

Super clean and the artwork/font look fantastic. Great job!

Cody

culturejam

Beautiful! Glad to see someone besides me has built this one.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gül

Thanks, fellas  :)

I painted the image on top with India inks onto vinyl bumper sticker material and then matte clear-coated it a few times. I used stick-on vinyl lettering similar to what Paul from DGP uses. Since I live in a small apartment  with no outdoor space (and can't afford an art or music studio in this ridiculously overpriced city), I'm trying out a few ways of finishing the pedals that won't be so toxic. I bought some of  the blemished powder-coated enclosures from Small Bear to try out this bumper sticker art idea. This was the first one I finished this way, and I'll definitely be doing it this way again.

I'm stoked to build the second Triton for myself and do some of those cool mods. Again, awesome delay culturejam. I'm going to put my "best" 2399 in this one.

JaseSerre

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case I wanted to add a volume control to balance out the boost from switching on the distortion.R21 was replaced with a 50k audio pot. I did have to cut a trace between C4 and R21. Lug 3 wired to the negative end of C4, lug 2 to the point where R21 met C4 and lug 1 to ground.I did not attempt to change the bypass switching, you may have to alter your wiring slightly if you do go with another switching method.

pcb prototype assembly

flanagan0718

This looks awesome! What a cool idea for the decal. This is making me want to build my Triton too! Keep up the good work!

bluescage

Nice job in and out. Love the artwork!

okwilliam

Hi CJ and everybody else,
a question: I build this one a few times (at first for myself, but gave it away. And that continued because it's awesome!).
But with a recent build the clean signal gets loud and distorts. I made a new build which was good again. I build one again, with the same 'error'. I'm quite sure I build it correct.
What could cause the louder/distorted dry signal. It makes the delay signal quiet (but I guess the delay signal is at normal volume level). Could it be the components causing this? Or something else? Hope some one can help me out.

By the way: are there PCB's made of this effect? I'm using stripboard :)