News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody heard of K S Aji Toneworkshop?

Started by Rich_S, June 25, 2010, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

I've never heard of him/them, but found an EchoLogue pedal for sale used.  It fits my budget, and the pedal looks a lot more interesting than the Memory Toy or Carbon Copy I was considering.

What's the scoop?

http://ksajitoneworkshop.wordpress.com/echologue/
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

madbean

It should be called analog-modeled. It's not analog if it utilizes a PT-2399.

You could build a Rebote/EchoBase/Magnus Modulus and get the same sounds/functions and more. Not a knock on them, of course. I just think it's no different than the many digital delay - analog voiced delays already out there.

madbean

BTW: on DIYstompboxes you can find info on a terrific manufactured board for the EchoBase. The layout is just killer. I think it's made by Taylor (username).

Haberdasher

Quote from: madbean on June 29, 2010, 09:31:19 AM
BTW: on DIYstompboxes you can find info on a terrific manufactured board for the EchoBase. The layout is just killer. I think it's made by Taylor (username).

I found this, but it's not on diystompboxes.  Is this it?
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-295045.html&highlight=
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

wasteofspace

Quote from: Haberdasher on June 29, 2010, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: madbean on June 29, 2010, 09:31:19 AM

I found this, but it's not on diystompboxes.  Is this it?
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-295045.html&highlight=

The Echo Base (with space) started in diystompboxes, and the thread is up to page 44. Here's the URL for page 1.

Taylor sells the PCBS for this and a tap-tremolo on eBay.

There are detailed instructions in the DIYStompboxes gallery. Do a search, they're PDFs.

Hope that  helps.

Wasteofspace.

- dMac

Making his own pedals since 1998!

Haberdasher

Alright, I just grabbed an Echo Base from ebay.  This will be my next project after I finish the Faultline and SlapChop.  There are quite a few mods that I need to read up on; should be pretty cool.

I wanted to hold off & see what the blockhead is all about, and supposedly guitarpcb is coming out with a pt2399 circuit too.  But I have been without delay for almost a year now and I have a serious modulation jones over here.

From what I've read, this is a pretty nice sounding unit. Has anyone here built the echobase?

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

Dude - you won't be sorry! That board is a breeze to work with, the project is amazing and the pedal sounds like the best delay this side of DIY.

I built mine with two stomp switches, one for bypass and one for modulation. I love it that way personally. There's also an option for the tails switch. Be aware that this pedal is NOT true bypass. I can't tell the difference personally, and I have used it in a true bypass loop to double check. It's clear as a bell both ways.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

I knew it wasn't true bypass but I won't care as long as it sounds good.  I'm planning on using the tails switch.

I was thinking about trying to find out if there was a tap tempo footswitch mod for the thing but I will explore my options with this one.  I'll have to look into that modulation footswitch you speak of & decide if it's for me.  Is it a momentary switch?

I'm glad to hear that you think so highly of the board.  Can't wait!

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

madbean

jkokura

Double check on that tap just in case - I don't know if it's verified for Taylor's project yet. I used it for a PT80 from GGG and it's buggy. I haven't had the motivation to get at it yet...

Email Robert (PTAP guy) is probably the best.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

Eh, I guess I'm going to scrap the tap tempo..

Hey jkokura, is this similar to what you used for the mod footswitch?

thanks

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

mjcyates

FWIW I used the PTAP with a Rebote 2.5 board and it worked fine.

Haberdasher

I've emailed the PTAP guy to ask if it's been verified to work with the EB.  Whenever he gets back to me I guess I'll go from there, but.....the feedback/modulation switch sounds fun and I'm seriously considering it instead.  It doesn't hurt that I've got a lonely DPDT toggle sitting here.   :)

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

jkokura

No, not quite Hab. I simply used a latching SPDT stomp switch on the pair of pads for the modulation feature. It's way over on the right in that pic, where there are two wires attached.

That mod uses the same kind of idea on one side of the DPDT, but on the other is a different mod. I didn't use any other mods, just made the Modulation feature a stomp switch. Nothing special.

For what it's worth, here it is:

And the Guts.

As you can see, there's lots of room in there. I wanted to have enough room in there for the two stomps, and it would have been too hard to cram it into a 1590BB without going sideways - may as well use a 1790ns in that case.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

Thanks for posting all that jacob.

How would I go about putting an LED indicator on the mods footswitch if I'm only using a DPDT switcher?

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE: