News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clean amp?

Started by Willybomb, July 14, 2011, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

This might seem a bit random (and possibly a case of RTFM, but probably wouldn't know it if I saw it), but is there a decent clean channel pedal, such as something to emulate a JC-120, to perhaps use with a ChunkChunk?

crashguitar

This post is pretty old, but it looks like no one responded. I a not expert, but i am using an amp from Tech21. I am just using a Power Engine, which is not supposed to add any color. I originally used it with some digital modelers, but  I am currently using it with anaologue pedals, and I like it. Tech21 makes a model with their sans amp built in. You might take a look at that. My amp has been reliable, is light, and priced pretty economically.

Chad

Willybomb

Nah, not so much as an amp, but I'm probably thinking more along the lines of a B/M/T/presence eq thingy that would be a clean channel tonestack or something to switch to from a dirty channel...  Something's probably already out there.

mgwhit

Are you asking if there is a pedal that will clean up a dirty channel of an amp, or are you just looking for something to spice up your amp's clean channel without really dirtying it up?

jtn191

Quote from: Willybomb on August 24, 2011, 07:24:13 AM
Nah, not so much as an amp, but I'm probably thinking more along the lines of a B/M/T/presence eq thingy that would be a clean channel tonestack or something to switch to from a dirty channel...  Something's probably already out there.
/----3 band EQ pedal-->clean channel
like this?  gtr--->A/B pedal
                                       \___dirty channel

Willybomb

Yeah, but maybe even within the same pedal.