News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cosmopolitan Build

Started by storyboardist, April 18, 2016, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Had a lot of fun building this one. Great sounding fuzz and a great layout from Brian.

http://postimg.org/image/vq7zucgqd/
(Here's a little gif I put together of populating the board. Couldn't get it to embed properly)

Really proud of how the guts turned out. Probably the cleanest wiring job I've ever done. If you're wondering about the board on the footswitch, it's a buffered bypass rig similar in theory to the Cornish buffered bypass but utilizing the Klon buffer instead. Works really well. The layout can be found here if anyone's interested:

http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2016/04/buffered-bypass.html
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Govmnt_Lacky

Nice looking build!

No grounding issues with the plastic washers on the In/Out jacks? Do you wire BOTH sleeves to Ground?

Bret608

Looks great! Is that copper hammertone paint you used?

storyboardist

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 18, 2016, 02:19:32 PM
Nice looking build!

No grounding issues with the plastic washers on the In/Out jacks? Do you wire BOTH sleeves to Ground?

Thanks! Nope, no grounding issues. I guess enough of the sleeve is touching the enclosure.

Quote from: Bret608 on April 18, 2016, 03:05:54 PM
Looks great! Is that copper hammertone paint you used?

Thanks! Yep, Rustoleum Hammertone. It's my go to finish. Covers a multitude of enclosure imperfections. haha

selfdestroyer

Great job. I really like your faceplate and that paint came out perfect. Looks like caramel candy.

Cody

storyboardist

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 18, 2016, 04:14:43 PM
Great job. I really like your faceplate and that paint came out perfect. Looks like caramel candy.

Cody

Thanks buddy!

Martan

Very cool! Is that faceplate just etched and tinned? I almost thought it was black leather at first

Orbis_Ignis

That looks super nice! What is the faceplate made of? It looks like leather on my phone

storyboardist

I printed the design on heavy stock paper then glued it to some plastic with spray adhesive. Then a bunch of flat clear coat over the top. I rushed it a bit and it was really just more of an experiment than anything else. Probably won't do it again. Kind of a PITA.

midwayfair

Cool looking build, reminds me of the Basic Audio stuff :)

raulduke

That looks great.

Love me some hammerite  8)

storyboardist

Quote from: midwayfair on April 19, 2016, 02:43:25 PM
Cool looking build, reminds me of the Basic Audio stuff :)

Now that one of the best compliments I've ever received! Shoulda painted the circuit board to match enclosure. haha! Thanks Jon

Quote from: raulduke on April 19, 2016, 03:18:36 PM
That looks great.

Love me some hammerite  8)

Thanks man!

brejna

Great looking build! I love that transparent pcb.

stringsthings

Very nice !  The PCB is transparent?  Where do you get that material?
All You Need Is Love

chuckbuick

Very nice.  That paint job is bitchin'.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk