News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Seeking "Slump" Buster

Started by davent, April 19, 2016, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: davent on April 21, 2016, 12:50:23 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions i do have bits for a number of those but Jon (Stomptown)...

Quote from: Stomptown on April 20, 2016, 02:50:14 AM
I've got a bunch of Harmonic Percolator PCBs laying around.  If that interests you let me know and I can send one your way as a PIF.

Edit: I've got the esoteric bits (transistors) to send your way as well. Also, it's designed with a PCB mount clipping switch but you could easily bypass that.  :)

Jon

I'd love to take you up on your offer, extremely generous of you, thank you!

dave

PM'd!

davent

Finished installing Stomptown's pif'ed Harmonic Percolator pcb this afternoon. Sounds fantastic through my 18watt. Will try get a proper build thread with guts tomorrow. Thanks to Jon for the pcb and diodes & trannies! Great project, very pleased!

dave

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Stomptown

29palms

Looks great! Did you do the lettering by hand? and how on earth did you stick the cut piece back on the enclosure??

davent

Quote from: 29palms on May 18, 2016, 09:49:13 AM
Looks great! Did you do the lettering by hand? and how on earth did you stick the cut piece back on the enclosure??

Thanks!

The top is just glued back on with JB Weld, the last bit i had so used some liquidy Bondo putty to level the cracks where i didn't get squeeze-out.

The lettering is done with frisket film and tape masking, airbrush & toothbrush for painting.

Build report with the details/pictures here.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22887.0

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?