News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New multimeter day

Started by madbean, March 04, 2024, 02:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

My last multimeter seemed to give up the ghost. It was intermittent on voltage and continuity readings and even though I took it apart and resoldered the connectors nothing seemed to improve. So, out with the cheap DMM and back to a Klein. I don't have Fluke kind of money.

This one seems to be working well enough. I really like the reverse contrast display and the little holders for the probes!

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/multimeters/digital-multimeter-trms-auto-ranging-1000v-temp-low-impedance

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on March 04, 2024, 02:30:20 AM
My last multimeter seemed to give up the ghost. It was intermittent on voltage and continuity readings and even though I took it apart and resoldered the connectors nothing seemed to improve. So, out with the cheap DMM and back to a Klein. I don't have Fluke kind of money.

This one seems to be working well enough. I really like the reverse contrast display and the little holders for the probes!

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/multimeters/digital-multimeter-trms-auto-ranging-1000v-temp-low-impedance
I have a harbor freight meter that looks suspiciously similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Nice. Nothing like new test gear!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on March 04, 2024, 09:35:02 PM
Nice. Nothing like new test gear!
New guitar day, that's pretty cool. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Those probe sheaths are pretty nifty!

Reminds me I need to someday get some clip style probes.

madbean

Quote from: jessenator on March 04, 2024, 11:18:34 PM
Those probe sheaths are pretty nifty!

Reminds me I need to someday get some clip style probes.

Yeah, although I will probably never use them!

I was tempted to get one that had a simple scope/waveform reader like the one used for the BOTY prize a couple of years ago. It sure would be convenient to take a quick scope probe from a multimeter. But, I decided to go with something I know will do its main job well.

blackhatboojum

Nice.  That  Klein should serve you well for years to come.  I use an older fluke 89 cat IV on the job and out in the field but, I'd trust my life to that Klein you purchased. 
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.