News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Cody beat me to it. Division 2 here as well. Played the absolute crap out of the first one with 2 of my brother-in-laws and my father-in-law as well, first on Xbox One, then PC. It's kind of tradition now for us to have LAN parties periodically through the year. Today was the first we've done one on PC... A bit more to lug around than when we played on console. Very much worth it though. Played about 9 hours straight this morning/afternoon (with a burger break somewhere in there).

...I swear they had fun. haha
Guy behind Effects Layouts

selfdestroyer

I miss the good ol' LAN parties. Memories of Unreal Tournament, Quake and what ever popular Rainbow Six game it was that year.

I should ask my mom for some pictures.. I bet she has some with 6 or 7 giant CRT monitors in her living room and all my friends in tier pajamas surrounded by mountain dew cans... The golden years..

alanp

And, as the night wore on and twitch reflexes got worse, firing up your filesharing program of choice...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on March 16, 2019, 10:32:56 PM
And, as the night wore on and twitch reflexes got worse, firing up your filesharing program of choice...

Exactly!

somnif

I've been drinking and Humble and Steam sales both took a bite out of me just now....

Humble had Civilization 6, Stellaris, and a bunch of other strategy games for 15$ all together.

Steam had a SEGA sale so I decided to get the utterly ridiculous Bayonetta (5$) and marginally less silly Binary Domain (<4$).

Damnit I'm supposed to be grading lab reports right now  ::)

juansolo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 16, 2019, 10:30:55 PM
I miss the good ol' LAN parties. Memories of Unreal Tournament, Quake and what ever popular Rainbow Six game it was that year.

I should ask my mom for some pictures.. I bet she has some with 6 or 7 giant CRT monitors in her living room and all my friends in tier pajamas surrounded by mountain dew cans... The golden years..

Indeed, it's an era of games I really miss. We got to the stage where we were hiring a sports hall and setting up in there... UT, Q2 CTF, Q3A, AvP. So much fun. Multi-player games are always so much more fun in person.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

So, another retro-update from me. So this is where my soldering action has been of late. I like to pick up spares/repair computers and consoles from Ebay, then repair and restore them. We've had a busy couple of months in that regard with also upgrading, breaking, buying another (the XL), then fixing both the Atari XEs. So here's a group shot and a gut-shot of the upgraded 130XE and 800XL. Along with the new 7800 I picked up last week then S-Video modded.

I don't like drilling old computer cases so we re-purposed the RF modulators by gutting them, then taking a blow torch to the phono jack to remove it, replacing it with the 3.5mm stereo jack for the stereo upgrade. Likewise there is minimal drilling in the back of the 7800 as we've re-used the RF hole, the unused switch hole next to it and fitted a nice sensible power jack in place of the proprietary one.

Anyhow, it's all an excuse to post a load of pics, so here they are!

juansolo

I ran out of attachments, here's the 7800

Willybomb

I too loved the LAN parties.  I remember being the first person in town (got my local shop to find one for me) to have a 3dfx Voodoo1, and people couldn't believe what the graphics were like with those things.

alanp

Quote from: juansolo on March 17, 2019, 11:47:17 AM
Indeed, it's an era of games I really miss. We got to the stage where we were hiring a sports hall and setting up in there... UT, Q2 CTF, Q3A, AvP. So much fun. Multi-player games are always so much more fun in person.

One (relatively) big one I used to go to in the early 2000's, they had their own three-phase power distribution setup, and owned a couple of 24 port 100mB/s switches (with two 1GB/s backbone ports each) -- this was back when gigabit lan was only really starting to appear, domestically.

For an extra big special LAN party they did, they actually borrowed military power equipment from Lincoln Army Base, near Palmerston North (they were located in Massey Uni, in PN).
- Terry Pratchett
My website

somnif

Quote from: somnif on March 16, 2019, 11:23:37 PM
Humble had Civilization 6, Stellaris, and a bunch of other strategy games for 15$ all together.

I have determined that I am very, very, very bad at Civ 6.

mjg

Quote from: somnif on March 25, 2019, 09:27:43 PM
Quote from: somnif on March 16, 2019, 11:23:37 PM

I have determined that I am very, very, very bad at Civ 6.

Yeah, me too, but that hasn't stopped me playing 100s of hours of it. 

I picked up Tacoma when it was free the other day.  Enjoying it so far, but I am finding that as I get older, I get more motion sick from playing 1st person games.  This one is set in a space station, so i don't look out the windows at everything spinning past at strange angles.   :P

alanp

Playing through Fallout New Vegas. It's drawing me in a lot more than FO3 did, I don't think I got past that first city with the live bomb in the middle.

So far, I'm working for Mr House, and both the NCR and the Legion are dumb enough to let me do whatever the hell I want in their regions. I cranked Speech to 100, as fast as possible ;D super hax!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

... I think the NCR and Legion have realised I have no intention of helping them at all. Dang it. TANSTAAFL, I guess.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Finished FNV, working for Mr House. You can cheese your way through a surprising amount of encounters with Speech 100.

Might have to play through and try the other factions, NCR and Legion.
- Terry Pratchett
My website