News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

I've been playing the latest Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3.

I just heard they are coming out with a sequel to Red Dead Redemption. That was one of my favorite games on the 360.

Lubdar

Day of the Tentacle for PSVita, I loved old LucasArts games as a kid, and wish they would put up The Dig, Full Throttle, and more of the Sam and Max stuff..
(--c^.^)--c

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Lubdar on April 29, 2016, 02:43:55 PM
Day of the Tentacle for PSVita, I loved old LucasArts games as a kid, and wish they would put up The Dig, Full Throttle, and more of the Sam and Max stuff..

Oh cool, had no idea it was on the  Vita also.. I bring my Vita to work most days.

Cody

Lubdar

Yeah some pretty awesome nostalgia

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

(--c^.^)--c

selfdestroyer

So I fell into it... I stopped by GameStop on the way home from work and picked up Dark Souls 3. I think I will make a char and do some reading before I jump in head first this weekend.

Cody

juansolo

DotT is in my wishlist on GOG. I've fond memories of that game. Just waiting for the inevitable point it's discounted (/Yorkshireman).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Created a 2nd partition on the PC to run Win7.... now I can play Hogs of War again...
Absolutely fantastic game, narrated by the late great Rik Mayal :)

Jebus

I installed RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi 3. Already put in dozens of PS1, NES and Genesis roms. Seems to work great with PS3 controllers too. I probably need to pick up some cheap bluetooth controllers dedicated only for this purpose. Great platform to play old games. :)

EBRAddict

Quote from: Jebus on April 30, 2016, 06:19:54 AM
I installed RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi 3. Already put in dozens of PS1, NES and Genesis roms. Seems to work great with PS3 controllers too. I probably need to pick up some cheap bluetooth controllers dedicated only for this purpose. Great platform to play old games. :)

Did you install it over the vanilla Raspbian distro?

I've had the Pi3 for a couple weeks, I'm really impressed what $35 gets you. My list of "one day" projects has doubled.

juansolo

Quote from: Jebus on April 30, 2016, 06:19:54 AM

Make yourself a USB arcade stick for AdvanceMame. I've also got a old ZIP Stick (better Competition Pro 5000 knock off from back in the day) that I've converted to USB to use with an Amiga emulator :)  Still on the look out for a Suncom Tac 2 in decent condition. That was my joystick of choice... Getting them is a real PITA though.

I've only just got my Pi2 running Retropie... They need to stop updating it so fast ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jebus

Quote from: EBRAddict on April 30, 2016, 07:36:48 AM

I've had the Pi3 for a couple weeks, I'm really impressed what $35 gets you. My list of "one day" projects has doubled.

Nope, I didn't install it on top of any existing Raspbian. I used the distribution they have here: https://retropie.org.uk/download/ To be honest I haven't even checked which Raspbian it runs on. :P

Quote from: juansolo on May 01, 2016, 01:04:34 AM
Make yourself a USB arcade stick for AdvanceMame. I've also got a old ZIP Stick (better Competition Pro 5000 knock off from back in the day) that I've converted to USB to use with an Amiga emulator :)  Still on the look out for a Suncom Tac 2 in decent condition. That was my joystick of choice... Getting them is a real PITA though.

I've only just got my Pi2 running Retropie... They need to stop updating it so fast ;)

Yeah, I should! I think I have some old USB joystick at my parents place. I need to see if it still works and is it any good. :) Wireless joystick would be awesome since I'm using the RaspPi with my TV. :P

EBRAddict

Quote from: Jebus on May 01, 2016, 06:27:48 AM
Quote from: EBRAddict on April 30, 2016, 07:36:48 AM

Nope, I didn't install it on top of any existing Raspbian. I used the distribution they have here: https://retropie.org.uk/download/ To be honest I haven't even checked which Raspbian it runs on. :P

I installed it over the top of Raspbian since I have other stuff to do with that Pi... but I noticed MicroCenter has Pi3 in-store for $30 so I might pick up two more and use one for RetroPie and one for Kodi. It might be cool to put 4 in a clear acrylic case with a PSU.

And luckily I found my 2TB HDD from 2011 stuffed with ROMs and BINs from a coworker who was a crazed MAME fanatic.

lincolnic

Quote from: Lubdar on April 29, 2016, 02:43:55 PM

Full Throttle is getting remastered next! Until then, you can get The Dig on Steam/GOG and Sam and Max also on GOG.

Willybomb

QuoteStill on the look out for a Suncom Tac 2 in decent condition

Best. Joystick. Ever.

I had one back in 85/86, and it only dies because it fell off a chair and broke the shaft internally.  Kicked the shit out of all the Quickfire and Hotshot joysticks we went through that only lasted weeks...

Day Of The Tentacle has been remastered on PC if you haven't seen that.  Full Throttle was cool but there wasn't any way to NOT finish the game if that makes any sense - you just had to keep trying all the combinations.

Lubdar

Heh that's excellent news about full throttle! I used to love me some adventure games...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

(--c^.^)--c