Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Wont

Quote from: lincolnic on April 28, 2016, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: Torgoslayer on April 26, 2016, 06:38:15 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on April 22, 2016, 09:51:53 PM
Dark Souls 3, Dark Souls 3, and more Dark Souls 3.

What I'm saying is that I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 3.

Hell's yeah!. My 7 year old just hit NG+.  And my PVP Chaos Pyromancer is coming along nicely!

I'm probably going to wrap my first playthrough tomorrow (went with a quality build, hard to beat refined Dark Sword). Do you really have a 7 year old who can beat a Souls game? Because that's way more impressive than my video game skills were at that age.
I do. He watched me play DS1&2 and then jumped in himself with Bloodborne. He beat that before I did and then did DS2 up to NG++ now he is LIVING DS3. He wants to try a No-Death run. I am very proud, and only slightly disturbed. It's funny, he isn't very good at age appropriate games, like Mario and Little Big Planet.

jtn191

There was a deal going for Dustforce DX, for fans of Super Meat Boy. I missed it.

lincolnic

Quote from: Torgoslayer on May 02, 2016, 07:10:17 AM
I do. He watched me play DS1&2 and then jumped in himself with Bloodborne. He beat that before I did and then did DS2 up to NG++ now he is LIVING DS3. He wants to try a No-Death run. I am very proud, and only slightly disturbed. It's funny, he isn't very good at age appropriate games, like Mario and Little Big Planet.

That's pretty amazing. I hope he doesn't invade me.

I just started my second character in DS3 today. Pyromancy go! (Didn't jump into NG+ yet for character 1, might keep that one in the first cycle for the DLC.)

m-Kresol

I rekindled with Dark souls 2. I've stopped halfway through and now I'm pretty lost concerning where to go, what equipment to use etc. But it's fun. Until you die. Over and over and over. (Btw. I hate these skeleton-wheel things. They are to most annoying enemies ever, especially when they come in bulk. I really need some better pyromancies.)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lincolnic

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 03, 2016, 12:20:38 AM
I rekindled with Dark souls 2. I've stopped halfway through and now I'm pretty lost concerning where to go, what equipment to use etc. But it's fun. Until you die. Over and over and over. (Btw. I hate these skeleton-wheel things. They are to most annoying enemies ever, especially when they come in bulk. I really need some better pyromancies.)

Pyromancy is fairly weak in DS2, sadly. You may find more luck with hexes, since your build is already mostly specced that way.

DS3 update: second character is making progress so much faster than the first. Areas that were tough the first time are a breeze, bosses and minibosses are going down without any trouble. I guess I'm still playing with endgame reflexes. Still can't get the hang of the parry timing in this one, though.

selfdestroyer

flanagan0718

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 10, 2016, 03:52:40 PM
My week is now planned!

Cody

How are the Uncharted games? People say it's tomb raider with a dude...is that true?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 10, 2016, 04:01:49 PM
How are the Uncharted games? People say it's tomb raider with a dude...is that true?

I guess you could come to that conclusion but for me, I keep coming to these games for the story/acting/puzzles. When I first played Uncharted 2 I had a hard time playing other "cinematic" games since the Uncharted series has some of the best voice acting and character development and I consistently tried to run comparisons. It has a Indiana Jones kind of feel to it. The series is not a real "run and gun" style game, its more puzzle solving and movie watching... and it happens to have gun play in between.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I am a super fan with the series. Notice the strategy guide under the game? I will most likely not need it but I love the artwork so much it makes a great book to thumb trough. Also helps add to the collection of the others I have haha.

If you have a PlayStation 3 pick up Uncharted 2 and give it a go. If you have a PS4 then grab the HD remake of the first 3 games.

Cody

flanagan0718

Nice uncharted 2 is pretty cheap now too. I'll have to grab it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloudscapes

Lately I had been playing Stardew Valley. Bit of casual fun if you're into farming.

Start replaying Fallout 4 a bit.

And keep going back to Dota 2.

lincolnic

Nearing the endgame for my second Dark Souls 3 playthrough, trying to figure out if a chaos-infused weapon is worthwhile. Anyone have any thoughts? I've been doing a pyromancer build, so I've been rocking a raw Astora Straight Sword and leveling Int/Faith equally.

Or maybe a lightning infusion?

juansolo

Uncharted 4 might push me over the edge for a PS4. Though now it's probably worth me waiting for a PS4K/Neo/whatever they're going to call it.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Got uncharted 4 yesterday.

'Indiana Jones in a game' is a pretty accurate description IMO.

Looking forward to playing the latest installment!

Betty Wont

Quote from: lincolnic on May 11, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
Nearing the endgame for my second Dark Souls 3 playthrough, trying to figure out if a chaos-infused weapon is worthwhile. Anyone have any thoughts? I've been doing a pyromancer build, so I've been rocking a raw Astora Straight Sword and leveling Int/Faith equally.

Or maybe a lightning infusion?
I went Chaos Longsword on my pyro as soon as I could make it on my first playthrough. 40 int 40 fth and pyro rings, it wrecks face! PVP, PVE, whatever, go for it.

GermanCdn

If it has "Assassin's Creed" or "Metal Gear" in the title, I play it.

Finally bought a PS3 (I don't play enough to justify paying for current consoles) a few months back, have a back log of games I need to plow through now.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.