News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesmokingman

brutal doom ... counterstrike source ... on console, Mario Kart 64  and Goldeneye 64
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

lincolnic

Quote from: Torgoslayer on May 12, 2016, 08:06:34 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on May 11, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
Nearing the endgame for my second Dark Souls 3 playthrough, trying to figure out if a chaos-infused weapon is worthwhile. Anyone have any thoughts? I've been doing a pyromancer build, so I've been rocking a raw Astora Straight Sword and leveling Int/Faith equally.

Or maybe a lightning infusion?
I went Chaos Longsword on my pyro as soon as I could make it on my first playthrough. 40 int 40 fth and pyro rings, it wrecks face! PVP, PVE, whatever, go for it.

Nice. I'm told the Thrall Axe gets crazy scaling with a chaos infusion too...if I have two gems (not sure), I'll try both!

alanp

Had a brief hoon on Quake, with the DarkPlaces engine (satisfyingly, at 1920x1200, full AA, full AF, I can pull over 300fps).

It's amazing how even now that game can get you going.

It's also amazing how slow and steady modern FPS games are in comparison. Hide behind a wall, fire some shots, duck back behind something...

As opposed to the traditional Quake-era circle strafe, run like hell, dodging enemy fire, and Speed Is Life.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

flanagan0718

Just got Uncharted 2 this afternoon. Might start it tonight after I'm finished with my "husband-ly" duties (dishes and laundry lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

I have been home with the flu for the past 2 days, sucks.. but I did get to finish Uncharted 4. I took my time and found 80% of all the collectables on first run through. Statistics show me at 18 hours of game play. lol

I am going to now play through again with the "bonus" unlimited ammo and find what treasures and journal notes.

I like how on the chapter select screen it shows you what collectables you are missing.

I REALLY loved this game. It was a emotional rollercoaster and I was on the edge of my seat 90% of the time. Can't wait to see what is next for Naughty Dog.

Cody

rmfroyd

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 17, 2016, 03:52:10 PM
I have been home with the flu for the past 2 days, sucks.. but I did get to finish Uncharted 4. I took my time and found 80% of all the collectables on first run through. Statistics show me at 18 hours of game play. lol

I am going to now play through again with the "bonus" unlimited ammo and find what treasures and journal notes.

I like how on the chapter select screen it shows you what collectables you are missing.

I REALLY loved this game. It was a emotional rollercoaster and I was on the edge of my seat 90% of the time. Can't wait to see what is next for Naughty Dog.

Cody
Well, the flu sucks, sorry for that.  My soon to be 8 year old sons only birthday wish was for uncharted 4.  Had to go buy a ps4....

I played through the first 3 with him on my lap when he was 4ish.  Not sure how I feel about him going alone on Uncharted 4.  My self worth has taken a hit!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Willybomb

Trackmania Turbo.

Just finished the remastered DOTT.

midwayfair

Quote from: Willybomb on May 19, 2016, 07:24:37 AM

How's that? I haven't been impressed with many remasters. The Grim Fandango one introduced playability problems and we preferred the unremastered Monkey Island.

raulduke

I'm into Uncharted 4 at the moment.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Great fun.

Naughty Dog make some amazing games.

The Last of Us is still up there as the best game I've ever played.

Muadzin

I'm playing old school right now. I'm playing Wing Commander 3, a version that works on Win7 I bought from gog.com. And it's glorious! Take that, you furry freaks!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on May 19, 2016, 08:55:39 AM

How's that? I haven't been impressed with many remasters. The Grim Fandango one introduced playability problems and we preferred the unremastered Monkey Island.

I found the same. I usually play in ScummVM. I just played Police Quest a few weeks ago, and brought back all kinds of memories.

Cody

juansolo

The PC-Engine Duo has landed (Turbo Grafx 16 in US speak) :)

MORE CONSOLES!  :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

The best remastered video game I've seen was Leisure Suit Larry 1, the VGA remaster. That was a funny game!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on May 19, 2016, 10:53:23 AM

The best remastered video game I've seen was Leisure Suit Larry 1, the VGA remaster. That was a funny game!

I was promised boobs and never got them in that game. lol Marketing to teenage boys at it finest.

Cody

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on May 19, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
The PC-Engine Duo has landed (Turbo Grafx 16 in US speak) :)

MORE CONSOLES!  :o

Hows the audio on yours? The Duo is notorious for the audio caps to go bad. But the replacement of them is not that bad at all. I had one but sold it not long ago to help fund my Princeton Reverb. lol

Cody