News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Thankfully my wife doesnt build pedals and visit this forum...

So yeah, I've gone a little bit nuts lately accumulating NES and SNES games. It would have been a lot cheaper if i had of got onto it sooner. Nostalgia gets me every time.  This is probably half of the games I've ordered lately.  UN Squadron and Zelda were expensive :( Im mainly collecting the games i had when i was young, not trying to be a completionist and buy every game available...for some reason my favourite games, and the ones i had when i was young are rare (zelda-link to the past, un squadron, castlevania...turtles in time...TURTLES IN TIME...)

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a second NES and modding it, stereo output with the RBG video output mod....

Seriously, what the hell has happened to me?
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Heh, closest I ever got to that was playing Sonic and Alex the Kidd for a couple minutes once.

I found the main problem with Sonic was that the little bastard went TOO fast, and levels wound up being a case of memorising what is offscrean, since you otherwise faceplant into it a quarter of a second later.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

flanagan0718

Just starting my first play through of Shadow Of The Colossus" now. Should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flanagan0718

Just starting my first play through of Shadow Of The Colossus" now. Should be fun.

flanagan0718

Willybomb

I had that on the kids' PS2 - 2ndhand, off ebay.  Was dodgy, would often crash, which was a shame, because I was absolutely intrigued by the artwork.

selfdestroyer

This week has been all devoted to 2 games.

The Division - Playing this for the 3rd time with a buddy of mine who just got a PS4 and he really wanted to play. After a week of playing on and off we just hit level 27. Can't wait to do the Underground & Survival addons with him next. I really love this game but I am happy to take a few months break in between playing.

Resident Evil 7 - I'm playing this exclusively in PSVR. I am a HUGE horror fan and this does not let down. It is so creepy and tense, I love it! I;m about an hour in and look for time to sit in a dark room and jack in. I have been called a machine since i seem to be immune to any of the motion sickness that others are experiencing. I shut off all the VR visual aid stuff and turn on free walking. I am really enjoying it and look forward to playing it a few times.

Cody

matmosphere

Quote from: chromesphere on January 23, 2017, 09:48:32 PM

So yeah, I've gone a little bit nuts lately accumulating NES and SNES games. It would have been a lot cheaper if i had of got onto it sooner. Nostalgia gets me every time.  This is probably half of the games I've ordered lately.  UN Squadron and Zelda were expensive :( Im mainly collecting the games i had when i was young, not trying to be a completionist and buy every game available...for some reason my favourite games, and the ones i had when i was young are rare (zelda-link to the past, un squadron, castlevania...turtles in time...TURTLES IN TIME...)

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a second NES and modding it, stereo output with the RBG video output mod....

matmosphere

Quote from: chromesphere on January 23, 2017, 09:48:32 PM

I just kept all that stuff. It's still a blast, but I need to replace some batteries though.

The nes looks shockingly good on my HDTV.

alanp

With all this retro bubbling up, this video probably bears mentioning :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Yeah I know a lot about the foibles of old kit.  A perfect example is the ST that was discovered in a neighbour's loft. It lasted about 2 hrs before it died. Though it was the PSU (common problem, it runs way hot) so re-capped that. Nope, mainboard is toast :(

Still I have a lot of parts now. Got another mate grabbing his down from his loft and will take it from there.

Also due to have a Commodore 64 and a 48K Spectrum land next week... that should be interesting!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

peAk

I just pre-ordered Bethesda's Prey which comes out tomorrow.

Hopefully it's as good as it looks

madbean

Quote from: peAk on May 04, 2017, 05:23:18 AM

Is this one at all related to the Prey game from a few years ago? That one was decent (but kind of repetitive IIRC).

Currently sitting on my desktop waiting to play or finish. I'm glad I got most of these games super cheap cause it takes me forever to finish a game.

flanagan0718

I Recently got a PS4 so I've been playing Bloodborne frequently. I need to finish Uncharted 4 and play through the new DOOM game.

Quote from: peAk on May 04, 2017, 05:23:18 AM

I am quite interested in this, you'll need to let me know how it is.

selfdestroyer

This week so far it's been:

Portable: Mario Kart 8 on the Switch
I can get in a few races at work on breaks.

Home: Yakuza 0 on PS4
Such an "over the top" game, been having a blast.

Cody