News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Thanks guys.  They are a rewarding project (arcade sticks), even if you are as rubbish at woodworking as i am :D
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

EBRAddict

Finished a second playthrough of Prey. If you liked bioshock you might like it.

flanagan0718

Quote from: EBRAddict on October 21, 2017, 05:02:06 AM
Finished a second playthrough of Prey. If you liked bioshock you might like it.

Good to know. I almost bought this yesterday but haven't a lot about it. I'll check it out now.

m-Kresol

I'm in the middle of going through Bloodborne. It's from the same guys that did the Dark souls games. It's brutally hard, you'll die constantly, but the scenery and atmosphere is spectacular. Also, you don't have a shield, so dodging only :o
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

Quote from: m-Kresol on October 24, 2017, 09:45:40 AM
I'm in the middle of going through Bloodborne. It's from the same guys that did the Dark souls games. It's brutally hard, you'll die constantly, but the scenery and atmosphere is spectacular. Also, you don't have a shield, so dodging only :o

One of the most beneficial things to learn how to do in this game is "stun". I didn't know how to do this until 1/2 way through my first play through. It made the game much less impossible lol.

Basically when an enemy is lurching at you (example the werewolves) shoot it with your pistol or blunderbuss. Then you'll hear a high pitched noise and the enemy will stagger. Right then is when you BEAT THE PISS OUT OF THEM!! I loved this game. Played through it twice and strongly considered going again too.

selfdestroyer

I finished all the single player content of Destiny 2 on my PS4 last week and started a new char on the PC version last night.

Cody

sonnyboy27

Working my way through Dishonored 2 atm. After that I'm gonna play through Metal Gear Solid V. It's one of the free games of the month for those of you with a PS+ account.

flanagan0718

Quote from: sonnyboy27 on October 25, 2017, 12:52:44 PM
Working my way through Dishonored 2 atm. After that I'm gonna play through Metal Gear Solid V. It's one of the free games of the month for those of you with a PS+ account.

Never played a Metal Gear Solid game. I might just download it to check it out. are they any good?

sonnyboy27

I haven't either. But it's rated really well by a bunch of sites. So I'm excited to try it out.

juansolo

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 25, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Never played a Metal Gear Solid game. I might just download it to check it out. are they any good?

I like the early ones... I tried to get into The Phantom Pain and I just couldn't. I can put up with a certain amount of Kojima's brand of insanity, but in that one he went too far I felt. There's a good game in there, you just have to wade through what feels like hours of cut scenes to actually play the game for 20 mins. It's like he REALLY wants to make a movie, a particularly barking one at that, but reluctantly has to put a bit of game play in there also.

The early ones however, MGS and MGS2 in particular, are excellent.

Snake? Snake... SNAAAAAAAAKE!!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

oip

i keep wanting to play dishonored 2 but get distracted.  loved the first one and have put a few hours into the second.  now it's actually uninstalled and i need to mod my PS4 with a new drive to fit it back on.

also on the MGS free PSN download / never played before bandwagon.  the free games are pretty great, enjoyed goofing around in just cause 3.

looking to buy a nintendo switch too.

bloodborne!  one of the greatest games ever.  tied equal with DS1 in fromsoft world.

m-Kresol

Quote from: flanagan0718 on October 25, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

the Metal Gear series is quite brilliant. A friend of mine is a huge fan, apparently the story is well thought trough from MGS 1-4. I've played through MGS4 and MGS3 and enjoyed them both.
have to get mgs5 then, thanks for the tipp.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 25, 2017, 09:47:04 AM
I finished all the single player content of Destiny 2 on my PS4 last week and started a new char on the PC version last night.

I played a lot of destiny 1, but haven't pulled the trigger on destiny 2 yet. What I hate is that they just shut down many online features now that destiny 2 is out. I joined rather late and was never able to do a sparrow race or finish the iron banner. there are just a few quests now that are not doable. quite lame.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

sonnyboy27

Quote from: oip on October 25, 2017, 04:03:21 PM
i keep wanting to play dishonored 2 but get distracted.  loved the first one and have put a few hours into the second.  now it's actually uninstalled and i need to mod my PS4 with a new drive to fit it back on.

also on the MGS free PSN download / never played before bandwagon.  the free games are pretty great, enjoyed goofing around in just cause 3.

looking to buy a nintendo switch too.

bloodborne!  one of the greatest games ever.  tied equal with DS1 in fromsoft world.

I think one of the recent firmware updates actually allows you to just plug in an external hard drive via USB if you don't want to bother modding it. Just be sure to get a compatible and reasonable fast drive.

oip

thanks, i need to look into this - i like the idea of just replacing the internal drive but i'm pretty sure it's actually more expensive to buy the equivalent than a standalone.. which is a little crazy