News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Kiss all your money goodbye if you're collecting cart based NeoGeo stuff!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

chromesphere

Quote from: juansolo on January 30, 2018, 12:17:07 AM
Kiss all your money goodbye if you're collecting cart based NeoGeo stuff!

I would say collecting as such but im getting some of my favourites...so thats like 10-12 games...so yeah...kiss my money good bye :(
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

stringsthings

Been playing Sniper Elite 4 for about a week ago.  It's a solid sniping/stealth game.
Nice graphics and some really hideous voice acting.

All You Need Is Love

matmosphere

League Bowling was my personal favorite neogeo game. Only ever played it in the arcade though.

somnif

Used my tax refund to get a Switch and Zelda:BotW. Been enjoying it so far. Only down side.... my TV doesn't have an HDMI port, so its the tiny screen for me! Interesting system, so far. The control scheme is a little clunky (particularly the forced motion control sequences) but by and large it works. No worse than the N64 controller really.

Also picked up Mario Odyssey, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Still obsessed with finding seeds and annoying horses.

mjg

Quote from: somnif on March 04, 2018, 12:22:00 PM
Still obsessed with finding seeds and annoying horses.

Those seeds, man, once you get a few you can't stop.  And then the giant broccoli does his maraca dance, and wow.  Speechless.   ;D

selfdestroyer

I have been playing a lot of Into the Breach. From the makers of FTL, which I also loved.

I am a huge Advance Wars fan and this definitely scratches that itch.

Cody

chromesphere

Quote from: somnif on March 04, 2018, 12:22:00 PM
Used my tax refund to get a Switch and Zelda:BotW. Been enjoying it so far. Only down side.... my TV doesn't have an HDMI port, so its the tiny screen for me! Interesting system, so far. The control scheme is a little clunky (particularly the forced motion control sequences) but by and large it works. No worse than the N64 controller really.

Also picked up Mario Odyssey, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Still obsessed with finding seeds and annoying horses.

Funny me and James have been playing this lately.  Whenever its James turn he just runs around setting fire to everything.  Instead of "Zelda" I ask him if he wants to play "James Grass Fire Simulator 2018"  :)
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Willybomb

Swapped over to Farcry 4 for a bit.

alanp

New Doom is amazingly fun.

With Doom 3, you were constantly worried. "God, I hope another monster doesn't pop up, my computer chair can't absorb anymore pee."

With New Doom, you're constantly on edge and excited. "God, I hope another monster appears, so I can *rip it's face off!*"
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

somnif

Quote from: alanp on March 04, 2018, 08:37:32 PM
New Doom is amazingly fun.

With Doom 3, you were constantly worried. "God, I hope another monster doesn't pop up, my computer chair can't absorb anymore pee."

With New Doom, you're constantly on edge and excited. "God, I hope another monster appears, so I can *rip it's face off!*"

Plus: Oh wow, I can actually see stuff!

storyboardist

Been playing Divinity: Original Sin II lately. Basically DnD mixed with Diablo. Been streaming it too just for kicks. Not sure how funny it is out of context, but this happened last night we all lost it. Still laughing at it this morning  ;D

Guy behind Effects Layouts

Willybomb

Divinity is ridiculously hard.  I gave it a few days of play and mothballed it in the end.

Govmnt_Lacky

My son introduced me to Fortnite on PS4.

I quickly remembered why I detest online gaming so much! How does anyone have any fun or NOT get discouraged when you last all of 1 minute in the game before being snuck up on and shot/eliminated?

Also, something I found odd was the complete reversal of what I remembered to be the norm when it came to Beta testing. So, apparently Fortnite has a version of the game where you can battle monsters to save the world. This game option is considered "buggy" and you can only have access to it if you PAY for it. Allegedly, after the version is finalized, it will be offered "for free???"

I remember when the Beta versions were free to try and test and then you had to pay for the final version. Why would I pay to play the "buggy" version of the game only to have it available for free later???

Am I missing something here?

rockola

The only game I play these days - and have played on and off for the last 30 years or so - is Nethack. Still haven't ascended, in fact not even close, but hope springs eternal.

https://www.nethack.org/