News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

The Mad Max sandbox game is fun.

But with how fucking rare ammo is, and how stingy the game is about actually letting you carry any, it feels at times a great deal like King of Fighters or Fists of Fury meets Mad Max, total beat-em-up brawler.

They should do a sequel to Fury Road with Terry Bogard. Or Iori Yagami, he could also play bass guitar to the Doof Warrior's lead guitar as well as beating the crap out of people.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

I only ever shot the caller dudes (can't remember what they were called) or if I was getting mobbed. Otherwise it was all beatage.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

I enjoyed Mad Max too.  I've left it for a while though as I'm up to hunting down the last guy and my car is pretty much maxed out (HA!) but I feel like completing a bit more.  You're right about the stingy ammo, but I enjoyed the takedowns and executions.

alanp

I think I'm starting to go off Mad Max The Game.

It has started to devolve into endless waves of idiots being thrown at me, boss battles a la Devil May Cry or whatever, and both of those annoy the piss out of me. (I leave the Top Dog sites until last in any zone, if I can manage.)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

alanp

Okay, Mad Max The Game can now go jump off a cliff.

It's obvious that the devs, in the last half of the game, just gave up completely on making it difficult, and yet still a lot of fun.

"We'll give them a boss with the same mechanics as every OTHER boss (charge, wild swing, mash attack while boss recovers from dumb-ass wild swing), but this time, we'll spam adds like there's no tomorrow!"

All the quests I'm on or have left to do involve boss battles with adds spamming. That Top Dog base that is just an arena, and that's it, the Arkytekt mission that involves a load of spam with the boss (and if you clear them all for a straightforward boss battle, congratulations! The game is now going to spawn a load MORE adds on your low-HP, low-shotgun-ammo arse!), and the post-Gastown-Races-boss.

Just... ugh.

No.

The first half of the game is a ton of fun, and the camps and bases are very inventive and a good test of skill and imagination (running back to the car and harpooning them one by one as they run out of their base is a good laugh), collecting History relics is fun (seeing the narrative building through photos and hand-written notes), but when the game just goes "to hell with it", and just spams shit...

No.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

juansolo

My latest project. Managed to grab an example of my first video game console from 1977. No idea if it works or not yet, so that'll needs sorting potentially, then it'll need fettling to work on a more modern TV. Weirdly looking forward to getting this up and running and playing pong.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Wow, that is really good condition, John!
- Terry Pratchett
My website

midwayfair

Quote from: alanp on June 20, 2018, 07:08:55 PM
"We'll give them a boss with the same mechanics as every OTHER boss (charge, wild swing, mash attack while boss recovers from dumb-ass wild swing), but this time, we'll spam adds like there's no tomorrow!"

Are you really telling me that you don't use an add blocker?

alanp

Add, as in additional monsters, not ad as in advertising :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

midwayfair

Quote from: alanp on June 21, 2018, 01:32:19 PM
Add, as in additional monsters, not ad as in advertising :)

Don't ruin this.

alanp

I got so fed up with retardation in Mad Max the videogame that I threw my hands up and got a trainer from a reputable site, and then cheesed the last couple of bosses.

I won't spoil anything, but do NOT expect a great ending to the game, or even a GOOD one.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

I'm back on The Division. Got pumped watching the trailer for The Division 2 and linked up with a buddy on the PS4 to start new chars.

I'm a huge sucker for the post-apocalyptic landscape games and I think development team did a fantastic job on level design and level of in world detail.

stringsthings

Can't get enough of this game.  The soundtrack is simply hilarious.

All You Need Is Love

somnif

Picked up No Man's Sky after hearing how much it has improved in its latest update.

Honestly? Its not bad. The interface and menus are an utter mess, but if you enjoy slower more sedate game play it may have something for you. Only if its on sale, mind, no way is it a 60$ game yet.

But I can enjoy methodically collecting, crafting, repeating my way through a story.

culturejam

Quote from: stringsthings on August 02, 2018, 10:15:26 PM
Can't get enough of this game.  The soundtrack is simply hilarious.

That looks awesome.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects