News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahiddentableau

Quote from: alanp on October 29, 2018, 09:03:33 PM
Picked up Day Of The Tentacle Remastered.

I'd clocked it back in the 90s, and had quite forgotten just how good the humour in it is!

Oh, man, Alan, you just blew my mind back to the good ol' days with that one!  Makes me want to just blow off everything for a day or two and play that.  That and maybe Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders.

alanp

Rex Nebular was good, too.

How are the knives and forks arranged on the table?

However they land when I throw them from the kitchen!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stringsthings

Quote from: alanp on October 29, 2018, 09:03:33 PM
Picked up Day Of The Tentacle Remastered.

I'd clocked it back in the 90s, and had quite forgotten just how good the humour in it is!

cool!
All You Need Is Love

alanp

This might sound stupid, but I really liked playing the original Farcry. The islands were beautiful, the rusting old Japanese warships were fun to stalk mercenaries in, and I was having a whale of a time.

Right up until the mutant thing showed up. Ugghh... can no longer be bothered.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

I finished Farcry 1, and feel the same. The whole mutant thing felt like a bit of a gimmie and predictable.

I couldn't get into farcry 2 because of the instantly repopulated guard checkpoints. Clear one, drive 100m down the road, turn around to see guys milling around.

Finished Farcry 3, shame the most interesting character gets killed halfway though.

Farcry Primal was fun, especially the caveman trying to fly. Taming animals was cool. The mammoth missions not so much.

Farcry Blood Dragon was fun for a bit. DNF.

Farcry 4 has been good so far, but getting a bit bored with it and it's sitting defunct ATM.

Farcry 5, I'm hoping for good things.

selfdestroyer

I got over 40 hours in on Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PS4. I have been keeping my nose clean for the most part on the first play through. I can't wait to play trough next as a total outlaw asshole. lol

mjg

I played 'Subsurface circular' recently.  Kinda of the walking simulator genre, except you spend the whole game sitting in a seat on a train.  You play a robot detective trying to solve a murder by talking to other robots on the train. 

It is beautifully made, has some interesting thought provoking stuff, and yeah, you are a robot detective.  Which is cool. 

You can knock the game over in a few hours, so it was a nice distraction for an evening.

m-Kresol

I'm playing God of war on PS4 at the moment. Never played any of the prequels but I really enjoy this one. The gameplay is very cool with a Castlevania feel to it: run around, look for goodies and harass some monsters with your axe/blades along the way. Has a great flair/atmosphere/setting, awesome graphics and a nice story too.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Stupid question time... in Call of Duty Ghosts, one level has you going through a worksite with halon fire systems.

According to CoD, halon gas blows up like TNT.

According to my inner common-sense, a fire suppression system whose main agent explodes is pretty damn stupid.

Am I right in thinking that the chief hazard with halon is suffocating to death, not dying in a firey explosion?
- Terry Pratchett
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on November 27, 2018, 08:10:51 PM
Stupid question time... in Call of Duty Ghosts, one level has you going through a worksite with halon fire systems.

According to my inner common-sense, a fire suppression system whose main agent explodes is pretty damn stupid.

Am I right in thinking that the chief hazard with halon is suffocating to death, not dying in a firey explosion?

That is my understanding. We used it as a fire suppressant in a server room years ago at a co-lo.

Its also my understanding that Ghosts was by far the worst COD game.. I remember plowing through it skipping cut scenes just so I can get back to the "murder simulator" and less of the stupid story... but what do I know..

Im over 80 (gestimated) hours in Red Dead Redemption 2. I am addicted to turning every stone in this game.. which feels impossible. It's so full or detail and color and not to mention some of the open world jank that brings smiles to my face. lol

somnif

Quote from: alanp on November 27, 2018, 08:10:51 PM

They can give a pretty substantial Whump if you breach the container (high pressure). But they're non-flammable.

somnif

Picked up a ps4 on Black Friday (woo, early adopter... cough).

So I've not got Spiderman, as well as picking up the first three Uncharted Games, and Horizon: Zero Dawn (which were also on sale).

Been playing through the first Uncharted tonight. Rather enjoying it so far, though the aiming controls are horrid. Seems like the aiming reticle just picks a random spot on screen to end up whenever you hit the aim button, regardless of where it was a second ago.... Not that bullets really seem to end up in the spot you're pointing at anyway, just vaguely in that direction.

peAk

I said f'ck all the bad reviews, I am going to try Fallout 76.

Call me crazy, but I am loving it.

...and this is from a die hard Fallout 3, New Vegas, 4, Oblivion, Skyrim lover.

Anyone on PC looking to explore the wasteland with me, username: moogerfooger_

alanp

Quote from: Willybomb on November 08, 2018, 09:50:10 PM
I finished Farcry 1, and feel the same. The whole mutant thing felt like a bit of a gimmie and predictable.

I think I've worked out why that turned me off.

Going from human soldiers to mutants of any kind in the same game instantly screams "We're going to ramp up the difficulty like you wouldn't believe!", and implies the difficulty curve is going to go logarithmic, if not exponential.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

QuoteGoing from human soldiers to mutants of any kind in the same game instantly screams "We're going to ramp up the difficulty like you wouldn't believe!", and implies the difficulty curve is going to go logarithmic, if not exponential.

One of the Wolfenstein games did exactly that.  Actually, they probably all do, but it started out fairly bog standard and all a sudden (probably about half, 3/4 the way in) I was getting jumped by a random levitating armored robot zombie that depleted all my ammo.  Can't remember which Wolfenstein it was, may have been that reboot back in the early 2000's.