News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSandwich

thesmokingman

much improved n64 emulation on the pi 4 ... I feel like this is only going to get better seeing as I'm on a hacked together install of retropie on top of an early raspbian image. for now I'm a happy camper
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

Freppo

I'm playing Ion Fury. It's pretty damn fun for a new FPS based on the build engine (Duke Nukem 3D ect.)  ;D

midwayfair

Broken Sword 2, an old point and click with cartoon cutscenes. Pretty deece.

juansolo

The Broken Sword series are really rather good. Been playing through 5 on and off for a while now.

Just completed God of War on the PS4. Good grief that's a good game!

Currently playing through Shadowrun Hong Kong again for a change of pace.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bamslam69

Still having fun with Skyrim on PS3.

alanp

Quote from: alanp on March 07, 2019, 08:29:11 PM
On to other morally dubious games, I think I have a nice weapons loadout in FC5 :)

It occurs to me that you can get a very odd view of other countries from vidya games and movies.

I wonder how many impressionable kids now think that in America, big rig tractors rumble around with twin M60 machine guns, and SUVs have swivel-mounted M60s as optional extras?

Far Cry 5 the Game was fun. The ending was utter dogshit. My head-canon is that the next morning, authorities found Deputy Rook running around wearing her underpants on her head, with tipped over barrels of a mysterious hallucinogen around her, and dead cultists... once recovered, Rook claimed to have seen her friends being held by the cultists, despite witnesses reporting these people being safely holed up far, far away.

Deputy Rook is currently being treated for heavy exposure to hallucinogenic drugs, and is not responsible for the death of cult leader Seed. (A source which did not want to be named noted that, if you drug up someone who has a heavy machine gun and really doesn't like you, don't be surprised if they blindly shoot you.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

I just finished Control on PC. I really dug it and highly recommend it. But, I heard it runs like ass (Very low framerate) on Xbox One and non-pro PS4, fair warning.

The aesthetics really remind me of movies like, Beyond the Black Rainbow, Under the skin, The Void etc.. The story can be a bit hard to follow but its worth it.

Willybomb

I've got Farcry 4 and 5 on my laptop to finish sometime, but 5 runs fairly slowly and is a drag to play really.

somnif

Quote from: Willybomb on September 23, 2019, 04:38:25 PM
I've got Farcry 4 and 5 on my laptop to finish sometime, but 5 runs fairly slowly and is a drag to play really.

I never really enjoyed 4. The player character was dull and flat, the factions you play for were both wildly unlikeable, the bad guys weren't charismatic or interesting (other than Pagan Min who buggers off after the first mission and doesn't show up again till the end), other than the Setting itself (the Himalayas are pretty), the game was just... meh.

Given they'd flattened the player character even more in 5, to the point of making them a silent protagonist, I assumed things had only gotten worse. Haven't gotten around to buying it, nor even pirating it, yet.

juansolo

I had FC3 for PS3 and went to try and play it recently and it runs horribly. I did a bit of research (god bless Digital Foundry) and found that running the 360 version on a Xbone actually yealds a smooth running games so did that instead. More so than playing the Classic remasters on the same. Which was bizarre.

Anyhow, in the meantime I started plaing Days Gone and I have to say, after an initial 'yeah ok this is trying to be Horizon Zero Last of Us and it's not quite as good as either', it really started to come together with it's own personality and I'm really enjoying it. Think Sons of Anarchy 28 Days Later and you've got the tone of the game. It's really very compelling.

Govmnt_Lacky

Posted in another topic but, gonna repeat here for a "better" response....

Anyone have a take on the Pandora Series consoles? Would like to snag one however, I have read that many of them do not run as well as the original arcade machines (either way too fast or glitchy/slow)

Looking for suggestions on a good one to buy to share some gaming time with my son.

juansolo

I've no experience with the Pandora. If you're just wanting to run arcade emulation however you can't get much better than a Raspberry Pi running Retropie. How far you take that is entirely up to you. I've got a little desktop arcade box made from a kit (Pimeroni do them, called Picade). But you can do all sorts yourself for very little money if you've got some old bits lying around.

EDIT: Another thing I'll add after building an emulation box out of an old Chromebox, if you're using linux, just stick with the Pi. It's mainly down to the graphics drivers. Linux just doesn't seem to support many of the integrated graphics well enough for a lot of emulation. Or at least it adds a layer of faff that isn't really worth the effort.

selfdestroyer

Back on Destiny 2.. now that ShadowKeep is out.

Jay.lingelbach

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 28, 2019, 01:39:35 PM
Posted in another topic but, gonna repeat here for a "better" response....

Anyone have a take on the Pandora Series consoles? Would like to snag one however, I have read that many of them do not run as well as the original arcade machines (either way too fast or glitchy/slow)

Looking for suggestions on a good one to buy to share some gaming time with my son.

No idea what your home diy setup is, but I made a bartop arcade running retropie.

It was a super fun project and would be a good father/son project depending on age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro