News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation

Started by Marshall Arts, April 23, 2016, 07:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacebass

Thanks a lot Marshall,
i ll apply it to a modified  deathklaw. I have an ibanez de7 that sounds very good and has about 2s max delay time. Its a digital delay, do you think this tap tempo could be applied to the ibanez? Thank you

https://elektrotanya.com/ibanez_de7.pdf/download.html

Marshall Arts

Should work, but be careful... seems to be a packed device!

As the delay time potentiometer is a 20 kA, try a 50 k digital pot (they don't come in 20 k...). Replace the old one with that, calibrate, enjoy, let us know the results! Modulation might not work, though.

Boba7

brejna

Marshall Arts

I feel seriously honored! Any Chance for a video?

Marshall Arts

Tapatalk double Post deleted... Sorry

brejna

I could try to make one, I don't have that great equipment.. But it could be representative.
Thank you for your work! If you didn't do this, chances to build tap delay with this much option were very low..

Marshall Arts

Quote from: brejna on November 06, 2017, 06:41:27 PM
I could try to make one, I don't have that great equipment.. But it could be representative.
Thank you for your work! If you didn't do this, chances to build tap delay with this much option were very low..
Would be great, just to see it work with yet another delay (I built it with a deep blue delay and a deathclaw). Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem NOTE Plus mit Tapatalk

brejna

Marshall Arts

Quote from: brejna on November 07, 2017, 07:18:44 PM
Here an short clip with Arburat delay with Taprecise..

Wohoo! Great sounds, great playing. Thanks a lot, that really means something to me. Developing Taprecise was fun, but way too much effort. But now, it doesn't feel like wasted time any more [emoji41]

brejna

Thanks for kind words, I don't know anything about programing, but I can say this is one of the best diy project that I've build. Thanks for sharing it. :)
Cheers

senoravocado

Quote from: Marshall Arts on May 08, 2017, 01:41:48 PM
BTW - I am building an analog delay (DMM/MBP Total Recall) very soon and I am confident, that it will be controllable with taprecise as well: During the initial calibration, taprecise sets the digital pot that controls the delay time of the delay (in this case a 100k Pot) to a specific value. It than sends out a "Ping" and measures the resulting delay time. The result is a table with two collums: "Digital value of the digital pot" and "resulting delay time". It doesn't really matter, if the delay is the result of an analog or digital circuit...

Have you had any progress on this by any chance? I recently received a total recall pcb in the recent pifs and would love to implement taprecise in it to have the ultimate analog delay!

Marshall Arts

Quote from: senoravocado on December 12, 2017, 02:15:49 PM
Quote from: Marshall Arts on May 08, 2017, 01:41:48 PM
BTW - I am building an analog delay (DMM/MBP Total Recall) very soon and I am confident, that it will be controllable with taprecise as well: During the initial calibration, taprecise sets the digital pot that controls the delay time of the delay (in this case a 100k Pot) to a specific value. It than sends out a "Ping" and measures the resulting delay time. The result is a table with two collums: "Digital value of the digital pot" and "resulting delay time". It doesn't really matter, if the delay is the result of an analog or digital circuit...

Have you had any progress on this by any chance? I recently received a total recall pcb in the recent pifs and would love to implement taprecise in it to have the ultimate analog delay!
Sorry, did not build it yet :-(. Other Projects grabbed my attention.... Will do it , though.

popair

Hi Guys  :)
I have built TAPRECISE with Deep Blue Delay and everything works excellent but modulation.
At the beginning  after turn power on modulation works fine but immediately after change tap tempo both by tap tempo momentary foot switch or by rotary encoder (fine tune delay) modulation disappear and delay continue to works fine  without mod. I tried to change values in main code to increase modulation 150-255 and always the same, mod stops after change tempo. Modulation starts after unplugging and plugging power cable.
Please help if the problem is in the code or elsewhere  :'(
All the best and happy holidays  ;D

Marshall Arts

Works great with my build, but I will Double Check the Code. Does Not Sound Like a hw Problem...