News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation

Started by Marshall Arts, April 23, 2016, 12:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Quote from: brejna on July 26, 2016, 10:14:39 AM
I got my mini usb cable and I plugged it to soldered arduino mini on my board and I have blinking LED, so it works right? :D What are basic settings?

Board is: Arduino mini?
Processor:??
Port:??
Programmer:?

Thanks
Brane

Using the standard Arduino IDE (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software), you should be able to connect to the arduino using the following settings:

Tools - Board - Arduino Nano. No additional settings were required in my environment. Try to upload the blink program (File - Examples - Basic - Blink) and see if the onboard LED blinks. If it works, you obviously can upload software to your nano.

Next thing you need to do is calibrate it. There is a description on how to do that in the documentation (next post).

After that, you can upload the tap tempo program itself and happily use it!

Let me know.

Best,
mfunky

Marshall Arts

micahvdm

Thank you kindly!!!
I've actually been following this for quite some time...stumbled upon it on a different forum (the name escapes me)
Really clean and well commented code!!

brejna

Quote from: Marshall Arts on July 28, 2016, 12:00:48 AM
Quote from: brejna on July 26, 2016, 10:14:39 AM
I got my mini usb cable and I plugged it to soldered arduino mini on my board and I have blinking LED, so it works right? :D What are basic settings?

Board is: Arduino mini?
Processor:??
Port:??
Programmer:?

Thanks
Brane

Using the standard Arduino IDE (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software), you should be able to connect to the arduino using the following settings:

Tools - Board - Arduino Nano. No additional settings were required in my environment. Try to upload the blink program (File - Examples - Basic - Blink) and see if the onboard LED blinks. If it works, you obviously can upload software to your nano.

Next thing you need to do is calibrate it. There is a description on how to do that in the documentation (next post).

After that, you can upload the tap tempo program itself and happily use it!

Let me know.

Best,
mfunky

Thanks for help, I did blink test and it works. What is first thing I should upload from your file? I tried to upload _151129_read_eeprom.ino and I think it didn't happen, same thing happened with _160403_Main_Code_PT2399_Control

Cheers
Brane

EDIT: I am receiving this error
"exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano."

Marshall Arts

Take The third one "calibrate" and Follow The instructions in The Build doc. Calibration Needs to be done before the others can work

Marshall Arts

P.S. If you keep getting the error message, try to restart your computer or connect to another USB port.

brejna

I tried all above you suggested but I keep getting this error. Do I need to populate whole pcb to get it working?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: brejna on July 31, 2016, 12:47:25 AM
I tried all above you suggested but I keep getting this error. Do I need to populate whole pcb to get it working?

No, you don't need to populate the complete board. You will probably find help on the arduino boards a bugfix (I never had that error), but I would try the following (and let me know the results):

- Try to upload a couple of the samples (not just "blink") - does it work?
- When opening the "calbrate" program, do you see the second tab ("EEPROMAnything.h")?
- Do you have the included libraries SPI.h and EEPROM.h in your path (should be default with installation: Folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries)?
- Try to JUST COMPILE "calibrate" (not upload). Does it work?
- If not, try to change your board to another board and just compile it for that - does it work?
- Which version of the IDE are you using? Mine is 1.6.4. and I just checked, that the compile works flawlessly...

Please do not populate the board further, until we have sorted this out.

Best,
Mfunky

P.S. Maybe I can send you a compiled file, yet I have to find out, where they are (temporarily) stored, and if there would be an easy way for you to upload these. However, I would prefer if you could compile and upload it, so you can tweak features (e.g. modulation or max delay time) in the code if you want.

brejna

Hi Matthias, I tried everything and still nothing.. I cannot upload other examples now, I tried compiling as you recommend for other boards and nothing, I see second tab as default in the path and I tried 1.6.4, 1.6.5, 1.6.9 and 1.6.10 version of IDE.

I don't know if this has to do anything with my system update to Win10..

Cheers
Brane

Marshall Arts

Damn. I don't use win 10 yet, so it's hard to tell. Try to get another arduino nano and try to upload the programs there before soldering.  If that works, I will send you a second board free of charge. Rather than trying to Bugfix this , I guess you will save time with this approach. There are cheap ones on eBay,  they work fine for me.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J120FN mit Tapatalk

brejna

Quote from: Marshall Arts on August 14, 2016, 02:24:46 AM
  Damn. I don't use win 10 yet, so it's hard to tell. Try to get another arduino nano and try to upload the programs there before soldering.  If that works, I will send you a second board free of charge. Rather than trying to Bugfix this , I guess you will save time with this approach. There are cheap ones on eBay,  they work fine for me.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J120FN mit Tapatalk

Thanks for all help and kind offer,  I am waiting for my friend who is Software programmer if he can help me with these arduinos, if there is no cure I will PM you.

Cheers
Brane

brejna

Good news, soldered arduino nano works :) I had problems with ports and I didn't understand part about EEPROMAnything.h I added it and  I calibrated delay like in procedure. After that I tried to upload read eeprom, but it showed me error, so I added again EEPROMAnything.h as another tab and it did upload. I opened serial monitor and it shows me very similar results as yours, buuuut I don't have any control over delay and leds are not flashing on Taprecise.

I am satisfied with results so far :D and you are really an extraordinary person! Amazing job
Thanks for everything
Brane

brejna

Update: I uploded Main code and now I have tap tempo, subdivisions and modulation, but delay control is not working and is it normal that I cannot go back from presets to tap tempo?

EDIT: I can confirm everything works flawlessly, I had broken trace so delay pot was not working and I was storing presets wrong way.
Thanks Matthias for the great project and all of your help!
Cheers
Brane

Marshall Arts

Congrats! With my setup, I can go back from presets to tap tempo (of course) and also the delay control works (of course). I can only think of a mechanical/soldering cause (not questioning your outstanding skills, looking at your projects :-)). If software works on one chip, it reacts the same way on another chip... Please check...