News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation

Started by Marshall Arts, April 23, 2016, 12:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Please try again with the original, unaltered Code Just to make Sure...

popair

Yes I will do it tomorrow. I started with original one few days ago version 1.2. I use 50k digipot and calibrated it with 250 not 160 with max delay time of 600ms. Mayby to try main code 1.0 2016? It seems to me that something stops mod signal on pin 9.

fair.child

Does anyone still have the board? I am interested to build this pedal.

Marshall Arts

I will Check, but guess I ran out of boards. If you can wait for some weeks, I can order new ones. Just let me know, please...

fair.child

Sure, let me know when it's ready. I am in a pool for one board. Seems really interesting build. I've never done pedals with arduino. I bet it's going to be fun.

popair

:) I uploaded code  Version 1.0 and it works fine so far. No modulation disappearing after changing tap tempo :)
It seems to me that Version 1.0 code is more suitable for single PT2399 delays :)
Are there any staffs in 1.2 main code improved for single PT delays, maybe to copy in 1.0 version main code? I saw different limits for modulation in ver 1.0 from 10 to 245 and in ver 1.2 240 to 250 (245 average) which is better conception?
All the best

Marshall Arts

Quote from: popair on December 29, 2017, 10:20:44 PM
:) I uploaded code  Version 1.0 and it works fine so far. No modulation disappearing after changing tap tempo :)
It seems to me that Version 1.0 code is more suitable for single PT2399 delays :)
Are there any staffs in 1.2 main code improved for single PT delays, maybe to copy in 1.0 version main code? I saw different limits for modulation in ver 1.0 from 10 to 245 and in ver 1.2 240 to 250 (245 average) which is better conception?
All the best

You are so right, version 1.0 is for single PT2399 delays, version 1.2 is for dual PT2399 delays ONLY. The main change was indeed the modulation, as dual PT delays need quite some different values to always sound nice (at every tapped speed, that is). There were no other mentionable changes, if I remember correctly.

Glad, it is working for you now.

P.S. I am currently dealing with Arduino in the context of stompboxes again (building a relay-switch that mutes while switching on a hi-gain-pedal). Using an ATtiny for these things is great (the size of a standard 8-pin-opamp). This switch works, but I am thinking about what else we could do with additional options from a momentary switch (e.g., starting an oscillation, if you press and HOLD the switch, double tap options etc.). Nice, ew?

popair

Thank you very much Marshall :)
I did not read carefully :)
You have very interesting projects and looking forward to it :) AVR ATtiny 85, 24 and 13 do the most things I need in my projects and planning to adapt Taprecise to one of them  ;D I have already projected and tested PCB for Taprecise in SMD  :) If you like I will send you project, privately, made via Easyeda because people ask you for PCBs and this one is reduced size.

Marshall Arts

Wow, cool! Yes, please send me the PCB-designs via PM (although I use EAGLE), I might need them for an upcoming project. It is so nice to see people grab what is available and make something new from it ;-)

fair.child

It seems it can be done in 1590G/A. I am looking forward for the next group buy.

popair

:) Yes it may fit in 1590G, dimensions of PCB are 69x39mm but momentary foot switches must be smaller  :)

senoravocado

Hey guys I had a quick question, I bought all the materials for this project except for the rotary encoders. I know there is a link to buy some in the bill of materials, but they were a little more expensive so I thought I could try and look around for something equivalent. Rotary encoders are a component that I am not too familiar with so I am not sure what the crucial parameters are for the taprecise that I need to be looking for. I think I found something that may be similar on Arrow.com, I compared the datasheets and they seem to be similar! It has 15 pulses, 30 detents and runs on 5v so to my eye it looks alright. I has hoping you guys could give me an opinion on whether the below rotary encoder would be a suitable replacement for the ALPS_EC12E_SW ones listed in the BOM before I pulled the trigger. I saw that they had free shipping for a little while so it could end up being a lot cheaper! thanks again everyone!

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/pec11l-4220f-s0015/bourns

senoravocado

jhsa

Hi, this topic seems to be a bit old, but i will ask anyway :)
This is a really cool project, thank you very much for sharing it.
Is it possible to use only the tap tempo functionality, and make it as simple as possible? The reason is I would like to place this inside the delay enclosure itself, which is a "B" type. It would be nice if it could be done. Could it also run on an ATtiny85, or 84 if more pins are needed??

Thanks for this cool project

João