News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TAPRECISE - Calibrated Tap Tempo with Presets, Subdivision and Modulation

Started by Marshall Arts, April 23, 2016, 12:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall Arts

Yes, that should work. Always wanted to do it, never found the time... If you do it, please share the layout and the adapted code. You need the digital pot in the enclosure as well...

Marshall Arts

P. S. You need to find a way to embed the calibration routine in the main code. I would try to start that, when the tap button is pressed on power up...

jhsa

Thanks for your answer..
:) I am not a programmer.. I can blink LEDs on arduino though :D I guess that is not enough to do the requested changes, right?? :)
One of the reasons I asked was that perhaps it was possible to just use the tap tempo without any changes to the code, and just compile it for an attiny? Hmmm, the problem is that the attiny has less pins right? so the code must be adapted :(
I could also make a DBD board and include the m328 chip and resonator. Perhaps I could make it all fit in one B type enclosure if I go SMD on most components, and double sided PCB..

Thank you.

João

Marshall Arts

Quote from: jhsa on November 14, 2018, 04:38:40 AM
Thanks for your answer..
:) I am not a programmer.. I can blink LEDs on arduino though :D I guess that is not enough to do the requested changes, right?? :)
One of the reasons I asked was that perhaps it was possible to just use the tap tempo without any changes to the code, and just compile it for an attiny? Hmmm, the problem is that the attiny has less pins right? so the code must be adapted :(
I could also make a DBD board and include the m328 chip and resonator. Perhaps I could make it all fit in one B type enclosure if I go SMD on most components, and double sided PCB..

Thank you.

João
Reprogramming is absolutely necessary for that. But you can do it, my code is open source (well... Creative Commons BY)

jhsa

yeah, my problem is (as I said above), I can barely blink a couple LEDs :) Your code is a bit too complicated for me :) But I will have a netter look and try to make some sense of it :)

João

Marshall Arts

I might try it at some point as well, but am too busy currently, as I am working on my Linda Looper redesign. Seems like there is a lot of interest in Arduino-based control solutions ;-)

lars-musik

Hey! I wast just pointed to this fantastic project whilst looking for a Taptation-Chip. Now I stop wondering, why the Taptation seems to vanish from most stores.

This here is brillant (I really hope I'll get it to work, unfortunately I'll have to wait some time to get the parts beacuse the digipots are not readliy available in my usual stores).

Thanks a LOT for sharing this freely and keeping the DIY spirit alive.

Marshall Arts

Quote from: lars-musik on October 30, 2019, 02:36:11 AM
Hey! I wast just pointed to this fantastic project whilst looking for a Taptation-Chip. Now I stop wondering, why the Taptation seems to vanish from most stores.

This here is brillant (I really hope I'll get it to work, unfortunately I'll have to wait some time to get the parts beacuse the digipots are not readliy available in my usual stores).

Thanks a LOT for sharing this freely and keeping the DIY spirit alive.
Glad you like it! Let us know about your build progress!

Leetut

my RGB led has a different pin out, left to right GR-B is yours and BG-R is mine
so I changed this to fix it
float colorarray[] = {0, LOW, 255, 255, LOW, 0, 0, HIGH, LOW, 0, HIGH, 200};

gordo

Really gotta take a look at this once the looper board is finished.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Marshall Arts

Quote from: Leetut on November 27, 2019, 04:23:05 AM
my RGB led has a different pin out, left to right GR-B is yours and BG-R is mine
so I changed this to fix it
float colorarray[] = {0, LOW, 255, 255, LOW, 0, 0, HIGH, LOW, 0, HIGH, 200};

Did you find a way to fix this, or is this still open?