News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2014 Naughty Fish

Started by Haberdasher, April 24, 2016, 06:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

Naughty Fish that I have been meaning to build for ages, so I finally decided to cast aside this pesky ADHD & concentrate long enough to finish it up.
Super tight squeeze with the thripidity switch pcb in there.  For a while I didn't think it was going to work out but it was a matter of turning the input jack to the right position.
It's an etched faceplate on top.  I basically copied from brejna's design of this pedal and threw something together in PS using some fonts and rounded rectangles.
I think I read something about the 2014 version, where the pass filters were backwards, so I reversed those on the plate.  I hope that's right, but who knows, lol.
I usually sand the weird chalky looking finish off the copper on this thin black stuff (the faceplate material), but this time I left it on to see what would happen.  Not too bad!  Still need to clearcoat or envirotex, but here's pix of it all dry-fit together.

thanks for looking
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

mcasemo

Awesome, love the look of it.

bcalla

Marshall Arts

Fantastic. I built that some time ago and love it, although I am sometimes missing some bass response...

jimilee

Nice job mang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Orbis_Ignis

That came out super nice. I really like the clean graphic

selfdestroyer

That etching on the faceplate is razor sharp man. Great job.

Cody

Orbis_Ignis

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 25, 2016, 09:13:24 AM
That etching on the faceplate is razor sharp man. Great job.

Cody

Wow! That's an etch? Can't really tell on my phone. That came out super clean for an etch.

What are you using to do your etches?

BrianS

Face plate is awesome looking. I wish I could muster up the confidence to try to etch.

archaos

Love it !  8)
We want sound clips !
Mehr Licht !

nzCdog

dang that etch is clean!  nice build keefe! 8)

Haberdasher

Thanks for the comments, bro-men-dudes!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

brejna

That faceplate looks like laser etched!
Awesome

brejna

That faceplate looks like laser etched!