News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy

Started by mjcyates, June 26, 2010, 11:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Well I finally got this thing finished. I tried unsuccessfully to do the MN3205 build, could not get it to work. Ended up doing the Cool Audio V3205 build. This is definitely a unique delay. I built it mostly for fun and will probably be selling it. Here are pics.

Exterior

Interior

gtr2

Is that a pedals parts painted enclosure.  If so how's the quality of the paint.  I'm getting tired of paint jobs my least favorite part!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Yes this enclosure is from pedalpartsplus.com. The quality is very good.

lincolnic

What do they call that finish? I kinda want one now.

mjcyates

It's just called Copper. It is a very cool finish.

gtr2

Any problems with messing up the paint job when drilling?   That's my fear with a pre-painted enclosure.  I've got a good technique for drilling but I'd be worried the paint would crack next to the holes.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Have not had any issues with that.

crashguitar

I can second that drilling has not been an issue with these enclosures. After attempting to paint an enclosure, I quickly discovered I would rather drill than paint. I use a cheap uni-bit that I got from Harbor Freight and a drill press. I cover the enclosure with masking tape as a precaution (I saw this somewhere else, maybe FSB?) and have not had a single issue with the paint being scratched or chipped.

CRBMoA

On my builds, I drill before I apply paint. And I use painter's tape even then, to draw pencil lines to confirm my layout before I use my center punch, then a tiny bit, then my unibit.

On painted enclosures (enclosures that I bought with the paint already done), I have not had any issues with commercial paint peeling or chipping, and only very slight issues with 'home made' paint jobs.

Patience is a virtue.