News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Plexi Legacy

Started by k.rock!, July 19, 2011, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Here's my Boneyard build for a friend of mine. I gotta say, I LOVE THIS PEDAL!

I'm gonna build one for myself and I think I'll stay with the same Plexi theme cause it turned out pretty cool!

Hope you guys like it :)

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

madbean

Kaleb, that is outstanding! In fact, quite a lot more attractive than the original. I think you should not give it to your friend and go find a Van Halen cover band to play in.

jstbrowsin

Kaleb that is smokin hot dude  8)

Really tidy build and offboard wiring too. . .  thanks for the inspiration, I may build this now too

cheers
:D

Haberdasher

Wow man, your pedal rules!  Love it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

chip46

Looks sweet Kaleb. I actually had a similar design for my Boneyard before I decided to do a two in one with it and the AC Tone. Looks like it turned out great! You've got some lucky friends  ;D

druz15

cjkbug

'scuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

that is just fantastic!!!  :o

can you give us the details on how you did the finish?
Pcbs no longer available

stecykmi

Quote from: jimmybjj on July 19, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
that is just fantastic!!!  :o

can you give us the details on how you did the finish?

I'm also really curious about the finish. great work.

k.rock!

Wow guys thank u all!! :D haha Brian I have thought of keeping the pedal for sure! I don't know about the VH cover band though lol Thanks for the hard work u put on this circuit. It was very worth it :)

The finish is a wrinkled matte black from PPP I had custom drilled. The graphics are white waterslide decals, it was my first time using them too. I always use clear. I messed up with the clear paint though :( It got a bit foggy because I used too much clear, but it's almost unnoticeable.

As soon as I get home I'll post the templates I used for it. I used Illustrator and Photoshop to do the graphics. I will post the psd files with layers and also the layout used to figure out the inside/outside layout. Really useful to plan your pedal :)

Thanks again!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Awesome Kaleb!   :o
So tidy!  Love to hear it when you get time for a demo!!!  8) 8) 8)

k.rock!

Thanks man! I do wanna record a demo but I wanna do it properly. I don't have a good camera (just my iPhone) :(

I have a line 6 pod x3 and garageband though...so I'm thinking I can use that to record something half-way decent heh...

Here's the links for some files I used. I thought I had individual layers on them, but it seems like I combined everything. Anyways, here they are!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5345696/PlexiLayout.ai

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5345696/PlexiLegacy.ai

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5345696/plexilegacy.psd

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

dwstanford

beautiful.  i like the logo.  is that a waterslide decal?  it looks great.

night-B

Professionnal looking build  ;)
Thanks for the files

gtr2

Great work Kaleb!  You're recent stuff is really top notch!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer