News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

the "I can't feel my Face" SUPER-FUZZ

Started by (DEAD)fx, May 03, 2016, 11:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(DEAD)fx

Have to show some love to the forum that's helped me get so deep into pedal building so I wanted to share more of my recent stuff here. This is my version of the Super-Fuzz circuit that I've made my own improvements on including.. no volume loss (+20 dB volume boost on tap), More usable mid scoop tone setting (changed the frequency center and less drastic of a scoop to not lose so much of your mids that it's muddy and unusable like the original), can cleanup with volume rolloff, built in a tiny 1590a pedal size with high quality neutrik jacks and aluminum knobs, and it's actually affordable.
here's a demo video from Livingroom Gear demos,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6lZQ_V0-oU

omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com

Marshall Arts

Cool! Really great! Is that etched or laser engraved?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

(DEAD)fx

Thanks! This is laser engraved. I've always wanted to try out acid etching for the enclosure graphics on a pedal but after acid etching several pcbs in my earlier years of DIY I'm pretty much over having to do that process, especially when it's much more precise, efficient, and even cheaper to use Cad software and get some PCBs professionally fabricated.
omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com

HamSandwich

Very cool. Do you have a schematic for the mods your performed? Would be interested in seeing what you did!

culturejam

That looks great!

Which laser engraver do you have?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

wgc

Nice, I like almost anything with a skull and crossbones on it. Guts?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Coda-effects

This is small!
Gutshots ?

I really like the Super Fuzz, it is a huge, doomy sounds, but also an interesting octave feeling around the 12th frets. (octave is not too strong, which is nice!)

nzCdog

woah... very cool.  +1 for gut shot! ;D