News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Built a madbean turnabout on vero and I'm having problems

Started by Obie bong kanobie, May 17, 2016, 11:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obie bong kanobie

I'm getting noise when I plug it in and have it in bypass and I also get that same noise out of the output jack you get when you touch a patch cord when plugged in.   Assuming that means that a signal is making it there. The input however there's nothing when I touch it when it's plugged in.   I check the entire circuit last night against the schematic and went from component to component check continuity. This is my 5th build but first project I've ever wired up because the wire took forever to arrive in the mail.   Any advice, tips and help is greatly appreciated

jkokura

It sounds like you might have a grounding issue. Have you seen the debugging tips thread? It's a sticky at the top of the Tech Help forum. Read through that and you should be able to start to find the issue.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Obie bong kanobie

Thanks you for trying to narrow it down for me. I'm going to read that. If I post pictures could you possibly look over what I've done.  I know it's hard to help through pictures but I'm more then willing to do the research. This is literally the first circuit I've ever wired so I anticipated problems

Quote from: jkokura on May 17, 2016, 12:23:18 PM
It sounds like you might have a grounding issue. Have you seen the debugging tips thread? It's a sticky at the top of the Tech Help forum. Read through that and you should be able to start to find the issue.

Jacob

Jules

Have you grounded both output and input jacks? Do you have a testing rig?