News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noob question - Resistor substitutions

Started by Willybomb, July 25, 2011, 03:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, a quick google and forum search didn't really help, but my question is thus:

I dropped of a Krankosaurus BOM at my local Jaycar, and in the process of putting the resistors in I found that there appears to be a couple of subsitutions.

AFAICT, 47k has been subbed for 5k1, and 62r has been subbed for 82r (edit - only one 82r has been subbed from the two on the BOM).  It threw me at first, but I figured that the 5k1 and 82 aren't as common as the average ... I dunno... 330r... and close enough is good enough.

It's probably not as bad as crossing the streams or forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice or dogs and cats living together... but would there be any issues in the average Kranky build?

night-B

The 82r should be fine but i'd replace the 47k if I were you. The difference is 900% for this resistor wich is wayyyyy too high ;)

Willybomb

My bad - I meant to say 4.7k - I'm pleading brain fog due to it being 1.30am.  Looks like they left out the 180r though.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Willybomb on July 25, 2011, 03:32:32 PM
My bad - I meant to say 4.7k - I'm pleading brain fog due to it being 1.30am.  Looks like they left out the 180r though.

I was gonna ask you if you meant that. 4.7K should work fine. The next closest alternative would be 5.6k which is almost equally as far from 5.1K.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Willybomb

Well, I managed to get an 82r today, like 20ohms will make a difference...