News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Parts Plus move

Started by aion, June 14, 2016, 07:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

I saw someone mention in another thread that Pedal Parts Plus was under new management. Their site only mentions moving to Hammond, LA but nothing about any organizational changes (and of course their Facebook page and forum haven't had any action in a couple of years). Anyone know the story? Is Connie still involved?

jkokura

It's all news to me. Wouldn't mind hearing the details if someone knows.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

flanagan0718

Quote from: aion on June 14, 2016, 07:13:06 PM
Anyone know the story? Is Connie still involved?

I hope she is, She was awesome and super nice!

I know that they moved and heard from several others (here) that they were under management. but that's all I know.

Bret608

I've been wondering about this too. I was just about to order some stuff but held off in case they end up with some kind huge backlog, etc. Hope Connie is still there as well! But Anacoco and Hammond are not close to each other, so it could be a new ownership scenario...

Bursarboy

FWIW I've ordered enclosures from them recently & gotten them pretty quickly.  Didn't know this was going on, but it didn't seem to affect delivery.

T

Martan

Quote from: Bursarboy on June 15, 2016, 08:42:21 PM
FWIW I've ordered enclosures from them recently & gotten them pretty quickly.  Didn't know this was going on, but it didn't seem to affect delivery.

T

Same here. Mayb a few days s slower. Connie's name wasn't on the tracking info...

gordo

Connie sold the company.  The guy I've been dealing with is Ashten Landry and all dealings so far have been very positive.  The enclosure I ordered was a custom color and UV printing for the L5 Lab Series Preamp from Aion.  Will let everyone know how it turns out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Droogie

But most importantly,  will the new guy still include Jolly Ranchers?
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Orbis_Ignis

Didn't realize these guys were so close to home. I've never ordered from them, but now I know who to order from if I need something quicker. Guess I would have to pay tax though

gtr2

I recently got a batch of UV printing done there and they were great and faster than expected.  Jolly ranchers still included (which is most important)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

I'm curious if there will be any change in color consistency.

I really like PPP but that was one of the biggest issues we dealt with when buying larger batches of enclosures for FFX.  Within the same batch, the same color could vary wildly.  Not just a Pantone shade or two.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Wow, I did not realize about the color inconsistency since I've only placed such small orders with them. That sounds like a pain. Glad to hear about the Jolly Ranchers, though!

Orbis_Ignis...I also find it funny they're now in Hammond, LA. That is where I started college (SLU) way back in 1993 before I moved up north.

aion

Did you guys switch to a different company for FFX or are you still planning to use PPP in the future?

For me their drilling was always an issue. It was hassle enough to specify the measurements, but then they didn't guarantee accuracy for PCB mounting unless you mailed them a test-fit PCB. Even then, only the PCB mounted components were always accurate - I had positional variations of up to 1/4" in the side mounted components. Their powdercoating and printing was always top notch, but I began just adding the drill marks to the artwork and drilling everything myself. Not scalable, but the past couple years I've only needed <10 at a time from them so it was fine.

Mammoth has much better PDF templates for drilling, and they measure from the center point rather than the outer edges, which is the only way to really guarantee accuracy as far as I know. But their delivery time is awful, far worse than PPP ever was. I've been waiting 6 weeks now for just a physical proof of the Lab Series L5 enclosure. And the only reason I needed a physical proof ($40 extra) was because I've heard so many bad reports about their finish quality and didn't want to commit to a large order without making sure they could pull it off first.

pickdropper

Quote from: aion on June 16, 2016, 03:54:51 PM
Did you guys switch to a different company for FFX or are you still planning to use PPP in the future?

For me their drilling was always an issue. It was hassle enough to specify the measurements, but then they didn't guarantee accuracy for PCB mounting unless you mailed them a test-fit PCB. Even then, only the PCB mounted components were always accurate - I had positional variations of up to 1/4" in the side mounted components. Their powdercoating and printing was always top notch, but I began just adding the drill marks to the artwork and drilling everything myself. Not scalable, but the past couple years I've only needed <10 at a time from them so it was fine.

Mammoth has much better PDF templates for drilling, and they measure from the center point rather than the outer edges, which is the only way to really guarantee accuracy as far as I know. But their delivery time is awful, far worse than PPP ever was. I've been waiting 6 weeks now for just a physical proof of the Lab Series L5 enclosure. And the only reason I needed a physical proof ($40 extra) was because I've heard so many bad reports about their finish quality and didn't want to commit to a large order without making sure they could pull it off first.

I'm certainly willing to give PPP's new management a shot.  Hopefully the color consistency improves.

Ordering pre-drilled enclosures isn't viable for us since we have them laser etched.  I'm 100% certain that they cannot hold the required drilling tolerances that would allow us to etch after drilling. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

Here's the test shop of my L5 box.  The shot is clear film over the powdercoated box (aqua sparkle over black).  Think it's going to look pretty cool with the Aion Lab Series plate.

Now I have to find knobs...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?