News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

June re-stocks will be 1/2 price

Started by madbean, June 15, 2016, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Cue Gob - "I've made a huge mistake"

I don't often make big expensive mistakes so I guess I'm due for one. The re-stocks I ordered from the manufacturer were accidentally made to the wrong spec (my fault). These PCBs are 0.6mm thick instead of 1.6mm thick (these are still 1oz copper--only the fiberglass backing is thinner). Rather than tossing hundreds of dollars down the drain and delaying the restocks for several more weeks, I am going to offer them at half price to make it win/win for all of us.

These prices will be for the Cupcake, Hipster, Kingslayer, Dirtbaby and Pig Butt. I haven't decided about the Harbinger and Current Lover. While the thinner boards will be fine for the smaller builds my concern with the large boards like the Harb and CL is that there is a risk of warping. This concern may be completely unfounded but since they are much more expensive builds than the others I want to minimize risk on the builder's part. What do you guys think? Should I include the HB and CL in the half-price sale or play it safe?

Here is a pic that shows the thicknesses of the new board on the left compared to the correct thickness on the right.

Lastly, the Hipster and Cupcake layout were modified for my current layout standards and the Kingslayer was done on Matte Black solder mask instead of shiny black for fun.

dan.schumaker

At least that will be helpful on the 1590a boards, every MM counts, right  :D

matmosphere

Thanks Brian! Now I guess I have even less excuses not to build a Pig Butt.

darrenw6000

oooops.....the larger boards should be sold, i hate wastage! as long as people are clearly aware of what they're getting then the can make the informed decision. just my thoughts.

gordo

I'm such a pcb whore that I'll be picking up a few of these.  I'd be up for trying the Harbinger on thin board.  I think once the chassis is mounted there's not a lot of opportunity for the board to flex.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

flanagan0718

I know I would buy a Dirtbaby, Pig Butt, and a Harbinger. Maybe even a Current Lover too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianS

I would go for a Current Lover and a couple of the others.

EBRAddict

I don't think the thickness matters for guitar pedals. I'd pick up a couple boards on sale.

jposega

I think with a little warning on the homepage of buyer beware, great deals with potential risks is appropriate. I know I've got some projects planned, so a sale is always welcome.

riffermadness

madbean

Okay there seems to be a consensus. I'll offer all of those for 1/2 price. I expect they will be available a little early---Saturday or Sunday.

madbean

A little late but the 1/2 off Sale is now live!

madbean

There was a temporary problem this afternoon with the 1590G "buy" buttons not working. This is now fixed. If you have this problem, try re-freshing the webpage once and that should take care of it.

Dave_B

Any prediction when the Harbinger One will be restocked in the regular thickness?  I'm ready to build one, but it's a large enough board that I'd rather wait for the heavier version.