News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Mouse House

Started by alanp, June 14, 2016, 12:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

A tour of Mouser's warehouse. As a mail order company, it was pretty much what I was expecting... EXCEPT for the sheer verticality of it!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBRAddict

It was more hands-on than I thought.

pickdropper

Quote from: EBRAddict on June 14, 2016, 03:52:11 AM

Same here.  I was very surprised.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Wow, that's awesome!

I guess I'm not too surprised it's so hands on since you can order low quantities of loose parts. If it was all tape-and-reel, I could see machines doing the count and cut.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

matmosphere

Cool video, I'm actually surprised it's not more verticle. Can you imagine restocking parts in that warehouse?

matmosphere

Or doing inventory when it's tax time!?

nzCdog

selfdestroyer

Same here.

Amazing that I have over 500 orders with them and I can only remember 2 times that a part was missing from my order. They are a great company to work with.

Cody

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 14, 2016, 04:33:12 PM

Same here.

Amazing that I have over 500 orders with them and I can only remember 2 times that a part was missing from my order. They are a great company to work with.

Cody

That's the exact same thing I was thinking.  I can't believe they rarely mess up my orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Quote from: pickdropper on June 14, 2016, 06:58:47 PM
That's the exact same thing I was thinking.  I can't believe they rarely mess up my orders.

I can. Messed up orders cost money to fix -- courier costs, administration costs, and also bad word of mouth (how many times does Futurlec get dis-recommended around here?) which is no small thing.

Accuracy the first time would be one of the chief training points for employee intakes, I'd be willing to bet.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stringsthings

I was shocked when Mouser gave me 2 parts instead of 4 on a recent order.  It's the first time out of probably 50
orders that Mouser made a mistake.  They've got an economy shipping option now which is really great.  And I like
using their website.  Something to watch for:  sometimes an available part doesn't always show up in a search, so entering a part number
( or partial part number ) can pay off.
All You Need Is Love