News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How do I get this DD3 "machine gun" sound?

Started by Mojo Fandangle, June 17, 2016, 02:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo Fandangle

I've been looking into how to get this Boss DD-3 Jamie Hince 'machine gun' sound but am convinced there might be some secret unicorn mojo conspiracy going on.

Sound happens @ 15:15 on the video

I tried a current DD3 at my guitar shop the other day but the hold function (which he uses) only dials down to 200ms (according to the inter web) which is much slower than what is needed to get the machine gun sound which must be at least 100ms or less.

From what I've read about DD3 history, I can't find anything to suggest that the ms rate of the hold function has ever been any lower than the current model, hence my conspiracy theory.

It's such a unique and signature sound, that I'm convinced he's employed some sort of mojotologist illuminati pedal modding society to get this sound (then killed them all)

If he has modded the pedal by having the ms of the hold function reduced, how might one do this?

Also (and I could be wrong about this/and everything) he seems to activate the pedal as he strikes the guitar, but when I played the current DD3 this way, it won't register unless you've finished playing the note before activating the pedal. Maybe it's just technique, or CONSPIRACY?. How, and why is it so??

"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

29palms

if you mean the sound at 15.25, it's a DD3 on a short delay time with the feedback turned up to full. You can probably achieve this on any digital delay which has clean repeats...

Mojo Fandangle

Quote from: 29palms on June 17, 2016, 02:37:48 AM
if you mean the sound at 15.25, it's a DD3 on a short delay time with the feedback turned up to full. You can probably achieve this on any digital delay which has clean repeats...

DaHa! I think you're right. I'd read that it was the 'hold' setting but yeah, It's probably pretty simple really.

"If you don't do it yourself, no-one else will do it yourself"

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDally

Muadzin

Quote from: 29palms on June 17, 2016, 02:37:48 AM

It shouldn't have tails though. If it keeps on machine gunning after you switch it off it will quickly stop being cool and become annoying.