News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Auction for an astonishing multi, full of vintage effects

Started by drolo, June 17, 2016, 07:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drolo

Came across this on the german bay today:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Riesiges-Effektgeratebundle-Mu-Tron-Brassmaster-Shin-Ei-EHX-RARE-/201602523462?hash=item2ef0726146:g:mbUAAOSwqBJXXWk-

A multi made out of this:

- Mu-Tron Bi-Phase mit Fußschalter
- Mu-Tron III
- Maestro Bass Brassmaster
- Ibanez Renometer No.95
- Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress
- Electro-Harmonix Golden Throat
- Electro-Harmonix Talking Pedal
- Shin-Ei Space Creator SC-34
- Morley Power Wah
- Mixer
- Overdrive
- 2x Volumepedal

Someone must have done this when these things had not yet acquired "vintage" status ...seeing how some were cut to size :-)

GermanCdn

I believe that's the pedal equivalent of putting a Floyd Rose and a rattle can hot pink refin on a 50's LP.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

drolo

I find actually quite cool.
It's only tools after all.

Aleph Null

Quote from: drolo on June 17, 2016, 09:55:30 AM

I know what my next guitar will be...

GermanCdn

Quote from: drolo on June 17, 2016, 09:55:30 AM

I think it's pretty neat as well.  My comment was more directed at it being a decision that fit the need at the time, but looked back upon you'd probably do differently.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Muadzin

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 17, 2016, 07:31:13 AM
I believe that's the pedal equivalent of putting a Floyd Rose and a rattle can hot pink refin on a 50's LP.

Isn't this basically what Pete Cornish has been doing since like......, forever? ;)

pickdropper

No rattle can hot pink or Floyd, but....

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

matmosphere

That's an excellent setup. Some very cool gear, I wonder what kind of sonic mayhem that dude was getting up to! I'm right there with David. In the end they're just tools, nice tools, but just tools.

Quote from: pickdropper on June 17, 2016, 03:45:24 PM

I've seen that picture a lot. I'm sure that was all done long before that guitar was particularly valuable. It does look like everything besides the extra cutaway could be reversed fairly easily. Looks like it's just a dozen or so extra screw holes and that cutaway. Whatever I hope the dude that did it rocked the shit out of that thing, that'd make it more than worth the lost resale value.

EBRAddict

pickdropper

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 17, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
That's an excellent setup. Some very cool gear, I wonder what kind of sonic mayhem that dude was getting up to! I'm right there with David. In the end they're just tools, nice tools, but just tools.

Quote from: pickdropper on June 17, 2016, 03:45:24 PM

I've seen that picture a lot. I'm sure that was all done long before that guitar was particularly valuable. It does look like everything besides the extra cutaway could be reversed fairly easily. Looks like it's just a dozen or so extra screw holes and that cutaway. Whatever I hope the dude that did it rocked the shit out of that thing, that'd make it more than worth the lost resale value.

Oh, it was done decades ago when finding a lefty was very difficult and before it was worth anything.  It makes people cringe but clearly nobody back then knew it would end up being a 300k guitar.

It has actually been restored since then.  It looks normal now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lars

Uh-buhhhh.... :o
I've never heard of the Shin-Ei Space Creator SC-34, but that thing is a true "Rare, HTF, (insert over-used reference)" pedal from what I can gather.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....