News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AttackDecay / Jumbomar

Started by juansolo, June 23, 2016, 10:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Cleggy did the board (I wanted nothing to do with this!), I just did the box and dropped it in there. It's actually really rather cool.

Madbean Rustbucket PCB. Not for the feint of heart!

I really liked the decal so shuffled some effects to build this one. It's got my old Jumbo Tonebender from the Fuzzy Kitten in there (the kitten has the ICBM back in there again), and a Big Omar.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

Quite bold to solder in the 3080 chips on the Rustbucket  :o

Excellent looking pedals  8)

juansolo

We used to be able to get them quite readily and for sensible money and the board's been populated for months. ;) Probably wouldn't be so brave these days.

alanp

I've still got a dozen CA3080's sitting in my stash (got in on a group buy on another forum.)

Very elegantly done, as always! Why did you want no part of the rustbucket, John?

Oh, and you know what I'm looking forward to seeing :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

I just took one look at it and went ....nah... ;)

Though strangely I'm looking forward to the other thing. That said it might be a while, all sorts of stuff going on for the next few weeks that's just gonna get in the way of building anything major.

jtaormina

That fuzz boost decal reminds me of the Martian chronicals by Ray Bradbury . Awesome book btw. Google it and click images. Lots of similar pictures. Nice work.

That big knob must cost a lot.

Stomptown

juansolo

Quote from: jtaormina on June 25, 2016, 07:05:03 AM
That fuzz boost decal reminds me of the Martian chronicals by Ray Bradbury . Awesome book btw. Google it and click images. Lots of similar pictures. Nice work.

That big knob must cost a lot.

Art is from NASA :)

Little knobs are about £1 each, big one is under £2 if I recall correctly. They're really quite reasonable.

Aleph Null

Your decals are always immaculate! Please teach me your secrets; are there certain brands I should be using? Is there a tutorial I should read?

micromegas

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 25, 2016, 03:23:06 PM
Your decals are always immaculate! Please teach me your secrets; are there certain brands I should be using? Is there a tutorial I should read?
http://stompage.juansolo.co.uk/finishing.html
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

Aleph Null

Thanks for the link. These aren't water slide decals?

matmosphere

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 25, 2016, 05:35:07 PM
Thanks for the link. These aren't water slide decals?

I was thinking the same thing. I thought you had to slide those straight onto the surface of the pedal.

juansolo

Nope they're transparent adhesive 'paper' (they call it that, but it's actually more of a very thin film).

The stuff we get is from CraftyComputerPaper in the UK. But there are many different suppliers and types. Some work well, some do not. The current stuff we're using is much less sticky and thinner than the stuff we used to use for example. In some respects it's better (easier to apply/re-apply), in others it isn't (surface isn't as rough as the old stuff so the Envirotex doesn't adhere to it quite as well so you have to be more carful when re-drilling so it doesn't lift).

I'd buy a few different local manufacturers stuff and see who makes the best stuff.

selfdestroyer

Damn son.. damn.

(That is all)

Cody

29palms

Both look great but the the Attack/Decay is outstanding!

Is the film you use for laser or ink jet printing?