runoffgroove english channel

Started by fritz, June 27, 2016, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zigcat

Boba7

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: stringsthings on February 01, 2018, 09:48:48 AM
Quote from: Χωρίς ΟΝΟΜΑ on February 01, 2018, 06:02:30 AM
Guys you are all so funny, I just can't stop lmao. I mean come on! You all sound like some good ol' fashioned union thugs who are ready to "deal" with the new kid who just came a little rough on one of your buddies. On one hand I understand, this is what gangs do, I do not consider that a bad thing. On the other this is so ridiculously absurd! Let's examine why: I am in the process of building a Britannia and some parts of the circuit are a bit -say- ambiguous, especially since not all parts are currently available, etc., you know where I am coming from and where I am going with it, right? So I spend a considerable amount of my time in this thread only to realize that like most mediocre forums its just a bunch of -for the sake of the argument- beer drinking guys, just shooting the breeze and just talking ...crap (excuse my french) BUT with no real advise or discussion about the (Britannia) project in general. Yes, I admit, I did take it out on this guy, and I should probably apologize for that, but hey, I still believe he deserved it. I mean, complaining that the English Channel is a bit noisy in a band setting, is indeed a nonsensical statement, you got to admit that. And of course I was referring to the English Channel when I wrote Britannia, I am just too preoccupied with the project and I am not of young age anymore, my brain cells do suffer from a certain ...lag at times. So you are saying I should get my facts straight and be polite. Well the polite is subjective plus I did not say anything obscene or utterly rude. I just pointed out how ridiculous that statement is. I mean, come on, what band setting does this guy play in? Chamber music? It's a rock pedal and it should be used in a rock band setting where -well, hmm- noise is not your first concern. Afterall, you all know he is simply clueless, not knowing what he is talking about, but you will defend a silly statement simply because this is your territory, right? Anyway, the English Channel, IS indeed, according to RoG "JFET-based distortion stompbox" so I was not off with my facts when I said what I said. And distortion pedals, no matter how you slice it, do get noisy as you turn them up, so spare me mr. expert, I do have my facts straight. It just that the English Channel and from all sound clips I have heard online, the Britannia also, are noisy pedals but RoG will simply not comment on that, actually I am not sure if they maintain the website anymore (that's why I ended up here in the first place) . So, what now? Well, despite what you think, I am a nice guy, just too old and too impatient=tired to deal with post teenage-hood know it alls. I admit, I am an undesirable element in your forum and regardless the quality of information you partake with your visitors, who am I to disturb the ...silence. Muehring, just ignore the comment and please accept my apology. I still think what you wrote is kinda of ...silly, but I should have ignored it as well. As far as the rest of you, and especially the admin who just came back from his long hiatus to admonish me, again, my apologies. I do not want to remain in this forum as much as you (all) do not want me to, so how about this: Please remove my two and only comments, and erase my account, or I could just do that myself, if I had the time to do so. Again, be good, and no hard feelings, eh?! Cheers guys!

Nice 2nd post bro!  :-\

Yeah. That ^^^

thesmokingman

let's take this in a constructive direction. you're on a build thread looking for help with your build ... that isn't what the build thread is for, we have help forums for that and I believe we have at least one vendor that has a britannia project they support in their subforums. As an aside, all of the parts are available from at least somewhere. Maybe not your local store, maybe not an online vendor in your country, but they're available. Your ignorance is no excuse for your indignation and poor attitude.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

midwayfair

People, please don't feed the trolls.

gordo

I've been home sick with the flu for the past few days so have had WAY too much time to hang around the forum.  I think the thing that bothers me about this thread is that dealing with mental health issues in a medium as anonymous as the internet is frustrating at best.  At what point do you decide that those posts are some dumb-ass kid doing what dumb-ass kids do and move on, or is it some sad cry for attention that none of us can locate let alone help with.

Maybe I'm just over thinking this...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

blearyeyes

Quote from: Χωρίς ΟΝΟΜΑ on January 31, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
Quote from: muehring on June 29, 2016, 08:04:27 PM
I've built both and prefer the britannia.  They both sound great, but the english channel was a little noisy in a band setting.  The britannia has rarely been off my pedal board since building it over 2 years ago.

This is a grossly nonsensical statement! The Britannia is a distortion pedal so it is expected to get noisier as you dial the gain up. But saying it was "a little noisy in a band setting" is ridiculous !!! So what would you prefer it to be? What do you expect from a pedal like that? I mean throwing comments like this all over the place is a good argument why the internet should be limited to people with at least an average IQ. Have mercy on our souls, man!!!

It seems that you must be new here. People generally don't slam others or flame on this board. I would assume that he couldn't get the desired gain setting without too much noise while playing in a band. I totally understand what he is saying. My IQ is not low. 

madbean

Χωρίς ΟΝΟΜΑ won't be joining us for any further discussions. I don't have the time or patience to deal with this kind of nonsense. Perhaps he can find some other "mediocre" forums to play on where the members meet his IQ requirements.

Zigcat