News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Would anyone be interested if I made an intermediate Diptrace tutorial?

Started by Tuxedo3, July 08, 2016, 02:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuxedo3

Hey guys, I've been doing a ton of work with Diptrace in the past few months and I have developed a few pretty helpful/easy ways of making and designing circuits in it. Would anyone be interested if I made a short (10ish minutes) tutorial on more intermediate stuff? I'm definitely not a master of it by any means, but I have plenty of things I wish knew even at the beginner level.

BTW, for beginner videos I can't recommend chromesphere's videos highly enough. They are truly fantastic.

miter53

"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

Matt

Matt

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

selfdestroyer

BuGG

I think more folks would jump on the DipTrace bandwagon if they realized just how user friendly it is.  Unless you're just set in your ways, after about 10 minutes with DipTrace and you'll forget all about Eagle.

No need to learn crazy commands and unusual terminology (what in the hell does "Smash Up" mean anyway?), it behaves like a modern Windows application should.   ;D

selfdestroyer

Quote from: BuGG on July 14, 2016, 01:13:49 PM
I think more folks would jump on the DipTrace bandwagon if they realized just how user friendly it is.  Unless you're just set in your ways, after about 10 minutes with DipTrace and you'll forget all about Eagle.

No need to learn crazy commands and unusual terminology (what in the hell does "Smash Up" mean anyway?), it behaves like a modern Windows application should.   ;D

I agreed with this a year ago until I tried to use Diptrace exclusively on my Mac book. It was wonky to say the least. Eagle has a native version for OS X but Diptrace still uses a wine wrapper. I have not seen if they have changed this since March of this year but that was the down fall for me. But, on a PC, Diptracr was fantastic and pretty easy to pick up and get instant gratification. I not good with either programs but I feel like I got farther with Diptrace when I was learning.

Cody

Lubdar

I watched Chromesphere's tutorials to get a starting sense, but i usually go through the schematic builder and then the pcb layout.
I'd be interested in an intermediate tutorial, for the most part I've had to browse other youtube videos for references. but don't perform operations to commit them to memory.
Issues I'd be interested in are mainly on creating new patterns for use in both schematic and pcb view.
Creating new patterns for X pin ICs
Creating new patterns for different Rotary switches
(--c^.^)--c

blearyeyes