News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda & Axial caps

Started by selfdestroyer, July 11, 2016, 12:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Anyone else notice Tayda is selling axial caps?

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AXIAL+CYCLOIDAL
Manufacturer: JB Capacitors
Manufacturer Part No: JFGA 0.1uF 100V +/-5% Bulk RoHS
Datasheet: http://www.taydaelectronics.com/datasheets/JFGA-Capacitor.pdf

call me interested..

Cody

Muadzin

Why are people so obsessed with these damn things? Rule of cool?

Adam_DIY

I want to build a pedal with some because I've never used them before also Ivlark has some layouts which these should fit perfectly. 

EBRAddict

For poly axial caps that's pretty cheap, but I don't know anything about that brand.

nzCdog

jball85

They're good for tagboards/turrets or point to point stuff.

I believe the company in question also manufactures higher end poly axial caps.

http://www.jbcapacitors.com/Plastic-Film-Capacitors/JFX-Premium-Metallized-Polypropylene-Film-Capacitors-Axial.html

culturejam

47u 100v for $2.60 is pretty good. Not sure what the hell I would do with that, but it's cheap.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

davent

Quote from: culturejam on July 13, 2016, 08:53:26 AM
47u 100v for $2.60 is pretty good. Not sure what the hell I would do with that, but it's cheap.  ;D

Cathode bypass cap in tube amp.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

culturejam

Quote from: davent on July 13, 2016, 10:38:02 AM

Sure, but that's not something *I* am likely to be building, thus my comment. What in a pedal would I do with it? Probably nothing useful.

davent

Quote from: culturejam on July 13, 2016, 11:42:34 AM

Sure, but that's not something *I* am likely to be building, thus my comment. What in a pedal would I do with it? Probably nothing useful.

Ah, i'm with you there, just a big space hog in a pedal.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

But they look so cool! lol

I am that shallow..

Cody

culturejam

They definitely look cool. I put them in my guitars if/when I need to do electronics mods.

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on July 13, 2016, 08:53:26 AM

That would certainly work, but considering the costs involved in a Tube Amp build, I am not sure this is where I would personally save money.

I have some Nichicon caps like these.  I got them 20 years ago as samples, but I don't remembering them being all that expensive in the first place.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

I just haven't come across many high value/low voltage plastic caps. The one i'm familiar with is a Bennic available through Solen 47uF/160v ~$12 cdn and huge. I've used plastic caps up to 5uF as cathode bypass, still quite small and reasonably priced.

dave