Polytrog - Polyphase
62 (41.6%)
Rabbit Punch - Active A/B/Y switcher
21 (14.1%)
Pitch Bitch - Guitar Theremin
40 (26.8%)
muVibe - 1590B Univibe
18 (12.1%)
Ring Singularity - Ring Stinger (ring mod)
28 (18.8%)
Tube Wah - Sub-mini tube wah
7 (4.7%)
Tube Vibe - Sub-mini tube univibe
20 (13.4%)
Sub-mini Tube amp
56 (37.6%)
An FV-1 type project
40 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 149

dbp512

I cast my vote, but realistically I'd buy most of these. I'd love to work on a submini tube amp, but I'm also a sucker for synchronized tap tempo. Out of curiosity, are the timelapse and cave troll (may it rest in peace, not just pieces) based on the Tapanatorator? I'd like to see how you converted the LFO to set the delay time of the pt2399. You might have given up on them, but I still believe!
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

m-Kresol

as far as I know, at least Pt2399 chips will not work with the tapLFO chips as it is an optical LFO signal. you'll need to use the taptation chips for that. I guess this applies to analogue delays too.

that being said, I didn't vote for the timelapse for now. I'll buy one for sure once it's available, but I prefer the polyphase for now and FV-1 projects seem to open endless possibilities. Last one was the tube amp. You can never have enough of those  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

daleykd

I've built a sub-mini tube amp (1W) and as fun as it was, I was supremely underwhelmed.  With volume at max, it was actually loud enough to play.  (If you add some overdrive, though, it'd get loud.)

I'm saddened about the Cave Troll.  I've been DYING for a PT2399 tap tempo.  The Cave Troll was the one effect in the lineup that gave me hope.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on July 13, 2016, 12:40:35 AM
Votes are one thing, but it's really about the Electoral College.

So funny..... so true... so appropriate  8)

madbean

The issue with the Cave Troll is the Taptation chip and how it works with my particular design. The TT chip lets you go up to one second and I just cannot get an acceptable result noise-wise out of my delay design for that length of delay. And, there are at least a few cases where people found the tapped tempo gets out of sync over time. Basically, I'm pretty frustrated with the PT2399 anyway so why not just focus on the analog tap tempo design since that's what most people seem to want.

At NAMM I talked to a couple people about their proprietary TT solutions with the PT2399 and that kinda reinforced my feeling that the Cave Troll just wouldn't be that good.

midwayfair

Quote from: Aleph Null on July 12, 2016, 11:02:59 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on July 12, 2016, 10:45:54 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on July 12, 2016, 04:37:07 PM
Sad to hear about the Cave Troll. Excited about this list!

Did he pass away?
Apparently, he stopped regenerating.

Bean tried to make the etched version and the acid bath killed him.

madbean

blearyeyes

Quote from: midwayfair on July 13, 2016, 03:28:10 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on July 12, 2016, 11:02:59 PM
Quote from: blearyeyes on July 12, 2016, 10:45:54 PM
Quote from: Aleph Null on July 12, 2016, 04:37:07 PM
Sad to hear about the Cave Troll. Excited about this list!

Did he pass away?
Apparently, he stopped regenerating.

Bean tried to make the etched version and the acid bath killed him.

Lousy way to go.

Shouldn't we have some kind of ceremony?

midwayfair

Quote from: daleykd on July 13, 2016, 12:56:12 PM
I'm saddened about the Cave Troll.  I've been DYING for a PT2399 tap tempo.  The Cave Troll was the one effect in the lineup that gave me hope.

I hear this one's pretty good:

http://jmkpcbs.com/product/hamlet/

Aleph Null

Quote from: midwayfair on July 13, 2016, 04:15:52 PM

I was considering asking if anyone had had experience with this circuit, but was afraid I hijacking the thread. I guess the solution is to embrace the noise?

matmosphere

Quote from: Aleph Null on July 13, 2016, 04:21:18 PM

I was considering asking if anyone had had experience with this circuit, but was afraid I hijacking the thread. I guess the solution is to embrace the noise?

I'm pretty sure Midwayfair has some experience with that circuit.   ;)

Aleph Null

Quote from: Matmosphere on July 14, 2016, 02:28:27 AM

madbean

Just to be clear - my negative comments on the TT PT2399 only pertain to my design and my disappointment with it. There are good TT projects out there and I'm sure the Hamlet is great (only built the non TT version of it myself).

daleykd

Heh. I didn't even know about this; my apologies.

HAH!

Quote from: madbean on July 14, 2016, 06:19:01 AM
Just to be clear - my negative comments on the TT PT2399 only pertain to my design and my disappointment with it. There are good TT projects out there and I'm sure the Hamlet is great (only built the non TT version of it myself).
I gotcha!

I'm sorry to threadjack.  Didn't mean to.  And now that I know the Cave Troll was based on the Taptation, I'm not as sad.  I was hoping we had a completely new, non-Taptation based solution.  My main sadness comes from the cost and (perceived?) unreliability of the Taptation.

Analog Tap Tempo Delay: Come to papa!