News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

nine months build

Started by vinnie, July 28, 2011, 07:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinnie

Thanks a lot to all of you for the comments, them are very affectionate and are received from the heart  ;)

I am not going to build pedals for a while (it is obvious ha ha) and wanted to share this moment with this little community.

jimmybjj feel free to educate me on how build your awesome stompboxes with 3 little monsters around ha ha! you are my hero!!

Congrats to you too irmcdermott and irmcdermott hope that everything will be going on  ;)

Big cheers to all of you!

snz728

congrats!! He's beautiful. I have been there a couple of years ago  :D and hey you can do some late night wiring since you won't be sleeping anymore.

jimmybjj

Quote from: vinnie on July 28, 2011, 03:37:05 PM

jimmybjj feel free to educate me on how build your awesome stompboxes with 3 little monsters around ha ha! you are my hero!!

:) thanks man. Its tough for sure. Like Snz728 said if you still have the motivation to build it will be during the late nights. My building has become goal oriented. Instead of sitting down and trying to bust out the entire project in one sitting, i will try to get all of the resistors done this time, ok this time caps, etc... Congrats again, your life will never be the same  ;D It's a good thing  ;)
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

I agree with the above post.  I've got two little ones with another due in October.  Pedal building is an hour here, hour there after bed time.  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Analog Design Audio

i wish the best for your son dude he is very handsome , after my 6 years old son, last Tuesday my daughter come to life too :)

i believe the friend who told "you can do some late night wiring since you won't be sleeping anymore" is very right i give +100000000000 :)))))

timbo_93631

I have 2 now, a pair of real sweet boys.  The newest one came on Feb 11th and big brother just turned 2 in June.  Pedal and amp building is all done at night after everyone is sleeping, sometimes if both boys nap at the same time there is a good hour of shop time, but lately they have been doing a good job of staggering their naps.  I definitely try to get small blocks of work done as well.  All the IC sockets, then all the resistors, then all the caps etc.  The hardest part is having time to visualize the layout in the enclosure and make sure everything is gonna fit.  My Bad Stone clone ended up not having enough space for the jacks to live happily with everything else because I didn't have enough uninterrupted time to think through it clearly.  So it is harder to get stuff built, but not impossible.  Congrats on the little one!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups