News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

GFS - Now they got set-neck Strat and Tele finished bodies!!

Started by culturejam, July 26, 2016, 03:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

yeah, I'm kinda stoked. The switch to volume proximity is going to be a problem but workable. I love the Wilkinson bridge and have it set to float so i can pull up or down.  If tuning is a problem I'll block it. Neck is very comfortable and fretwork will just take a simple dress. The nut will need the most work and I haven't worked on the action yet. I learned the hard way that using a countersink bit to dress holes works like a champ but you have to twist the bit by hand. If you look at the shot of the switch the neck facing screw was done with a drill press. Messy. The bridge facing hole was done by hand and is perfect.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

stringsthings

That looks fantastic!  The neck and body both look very good ( nice photo work ).
I like the chrome pickup surrounds with the white covers and surf green finish.
Are you going to replace the nut?  Or is it worth keeping.
All You Need Is Love

gordo

Likely worth keeping. Needs to be cut properly and I use 11's so I'll keep you posted when I get a chance to get back to it. I ordered the stuff I forgot: jack plate, string trees, strap locks, and knobs.
Gordy Power

stringsthings

I know it's been a while, but any updates?

I'm 99% committed to buying a GFS body/neck/kit/combination for their black friday sale.  13% off any item.  More off for certain stuff like clearance.
For my first build, I'm going to start with new parts.  The clearance section has some good buys, but new items are super reasonable with the sale.
Will update after the purchase.  :)
All You Need Is Love

raulduke

gordo

Has become a regular player. I need to touch up a fret but minor stuff. These pickups are killer. Very bright but not at all harsh. Dead quiet.
Gordy Power

Kladmin

Sorry to resurrect old thread, but I'm also building one with that bridge - Gordo do you mind sharing how you located the studs for the wilky?