News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Vinyl Day (NVD)

Started by flanagan0718, July 27, 2016, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galaxiex

Quote from: tone seeker on July 31, 2016, 05:30:21 PM
I have a bunch of Rush albums, I  started collecting in the 90'S. That and my uncle
Gave me his record collection 15 years ago, but never played them.

I just purchased a signed Alan Parsons Project, remastered " Turn of a Friendly Card " album, at his concert, about a month ago. Most expensive album I've bought ($75), but I have no plans on playing it!

I'm curious who know's (let alone listens to!) Alan Parsons!
He played a awesome concert! Best sounding live show, I've ever heard!

I have 3 Alan Parsons albums.

Eve
Eye in the Sky
Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

davent

Quote from: tone seeker on July 31, 2016, 05:30:21 PM
I have a bunch of Rush albums, I  started collecting in the 90'S. That and my uncle
Gave me his record collection 15 years ago, but never played them.

I just purchased a signed Alan Parsons Project, remastered " Turn of a Friendly Card " album, at his concert, about a month ago. Most expensive album I've bought ($75), but I have no plans on playing it!

I'm curious who know's (let alone listens to!) Alan Parsons!
He played a awesome concert! Best sounding live show, I've ever heard!

I have Tales of Mystery and Imagination of his. The receipt is in the sleeve, August 6 1974, either $4.99 or $5.47, being a gatefold it was probably 5.47, no idea what the other album was. Been a number of decades since i last heard it.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

neandrewthal

I used to have I Robot, Pyramid, Eve, The Turn of a Friendly Card and Vulture Culture. I never really got on with them and I sold them for I think $1 each. Sure, they weren`t remastered, nor signed but wow, changing times.

tone seeker

In the collection of the records that my uncle gave to me, was "Tales of Mystery and Imagination". The weird thing about the record,
is that it is made of a clear, yellow vinyl. He was not sure why, cause he did not purchase it in a record store.

It's funny I go to these "older band" type concerts, and there is no young people! I just went to see a Yes concert, no young people
anywhere! Than again I'm 39, so I guess I have to quit thinking I'm so young ;D

Which was a good concert, except they played "Drama" (awesome album!), the second set was "Tales of Topographic Oceans", which
I had never heard. It was so boring! The Die hard fans loved it, but not one of my favorites!

flanagan0718

Scored this on eBay last week for $22! It's kind of hard to come by especially for $22.

-Mike-

flanagan0718

double post...Stupid Tapatalk app  >:(

flanagan0718

NECRO-POST

Just got these in this week! I'm super stoked about all of them! I'm gonna continue to post nvd stuff here if that's cool. I figure it's kind of related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanp

Go ahead and post them :) the artwork always looks better on LP!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

flanagan0718

Saw these guys with a friend a while ago. He is really into them (me, not so much) so I grabbed this for him the other day.

flanagan0718

Got these a month or so ago.

Protest the Hero: Pacific Myth
Senses Fail: In Your Absence
Four Year Strong: Going Down In History
Four Year Strong: S/T

m-Kresol

I just got "Absolution" by Muse and also the guitar song books for their album "Drones". Great stuff
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

dan.schumaker

Here is my new vinyl from the last few weeks
Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach - Painted From Memory
Jeff Tweedy - Together at Last
Bruce Springsteen - Hammersmith Odeon London '75

flanagan0718

Just got these today

Autographed copy of "What it is to Burn (10 years)" by Finch

And Russian Circles "Upper Ninety" single

flanagan0718

I think I am addicted to buying vinyl and pedal parts! Haha! Got these in the mail today.

Speak the Truth Even If Your Voice Shakes - Crash My Car single

The Used - Imaginary Enemy

Between The Buried And Me - Parallax II

matmosphere

This thread makes me wanna go to the record store.