News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blues Jr Footswitch

Started by brucer, August 02, 2016, 02:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucer

So ... I'm thinking the answer to this issue might be really straightforward or really complicated, but I can't see it for the life of me.

I've got a Blues Jr with Fat and Clean boosts that can be switched remotely using a TRS pedal (e.g. like the Reverb/Vibrato switch that comes with the Princeton Reverb reissues).  I'm not sure exactly how those switches work (grounding the circuit turns it on?), but I've been using one to trigger my boosts with no problems.  Still, I wanted something with indicator LEDs, so I built this with a Googled plan:

It triggers my boosts with no problems (Yay!!), but the LEDs go on when the boosts are OFF, not ON (groooaaann).   

Can someone please point out which wires need to be changed to have the LEDs go on when the boosts are ON?  Or is it more complicated than that?

Jebus

DPDT footswitch works by connecting the middle lugs to either top or bottom lugs of each row. So, you just move the grounds (the thin black line on the drawing) to the upper lugs.

Here's a quick and ugly paint artwork:

brucer

OH YEAH! UH HUH!  Thanks Jebus!  Somehow I'd convinced myself that moving the ground wire would mess with the amp/boost function on the other side of the switch, but no!  I've got me an awesome little working switch with LEDs!  Much appreciated.   8)