News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion HaLo Muff

Started by U4U, August 20, 2017, 01:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

U4U

Hi there, have build the Creamy Dreamer with a four pot configuration and 8x 1N914 diodes stack. The tone control acts a bit strange. Full output only with full left or full right setting, in the middle it degrades volume to nearly no output. Maybe someone has an idea what happens here?!

Thx

U4U
Creator of the multi purpose pickup wiring/unwiring machine

Zigcat

You're gonna have to be more specific and provide a lot more information about your build to get any help. Photos would be a big help and both sides of the board and wiring.

U4U

Thx, wiring is standard using aion Micro 3PDT Bypass, soldering is very well done. I'm using only film caps, 100nf are Wima, 470pf Roederstein, rest of the caps was made by Kemet, I use Xicon resistors, CX1 and RX1 are not soldered to the board

U4U 

matmosphere

Check to make sure you have the correct values in r18, r19, c10 and c11. That's where I'd start.

thesmokingman

I will say that one of the DIY community's sources for the "creamy dreamer" mod is the outdated wampler books, which are incorrect and will do this to your big muff build ... not the first time I've seen this
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

thesmokingman

had a look at the schema over at kitrae vs the build doc. obviously you'll need to investigate the tone stack etc as suggested earlier ... that said, the mid control is essentially useless in that tone stack. if you want a big muff tone stack with mids control, you'd want a more traditional set of values in there like a violet ram's head etc.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

U4U

Hi there, thanx a lot, I will step into this deeper on weekend, it sounds strange in some ways too, the more I play around with it the more I didn't like the overall sound! Regards U4U