News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: Mudbunny Questions Pt. 2

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, August 11, 2016, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi again,

It states in the build doc. "Alternatively, you can use either an SPDT or DPDT wired in either spot to allow you to switch between different diode types on-the-fly." This is with respect to the D1-D4 clipping diodes. Just wondered if the attached Pic. is properly wired?

Thanks again,

selfdestroyer

Its actually a little more than that. You will need to put the diodes on the switch and wire the switch the board in place of the diodes. Here is a quick example I found in Google Images "Diode clipping switch"

Here is an example that might help you get your head wrapped around it. This is for an on/on/on DPDT switch

Cody

K3yPr0gg3r

Thanks. Where do I solder the two wires coming from the middle lugs to on the PCB?

jimilee

D1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

K3yPr0gg3r

K3yPr0gg3r

I realize I need room on the switch to solder the diodes. Found this one at BLMS... http://www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com/#!/DPDT-ON-ON-ON-TOGGLE/p/36073610/category=5324038
Would this one work?

jimilee

Yep

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

K3yPr0gg3r

Sorry, one more question. Are the wires connecting the diodes to the switch just plain old "hook up" wires...24 or 22 gauge?

Thanks

jimilee

No, the wires connecting the diodes to the switch are the leads that are already on the diodes. Regular hookup wire connects the switch to the board. Make note of the polarity of the diodes on the switch.

K3yPr0gg3r

Do I use additional wire when connecting D5 &6? OR, just use the lead of D6 to connect to the right lug of D1/2, (cutting the negative lead of D5), and do the reverse with D5 to connect to the left lug of D3/4? Sorry if I explained it in a more complicated way than needed, just going by what I see from the diagram.

Thanks

jimilee

D5&6 are soldered together just like the others, no wire is necessary, just use the leads. You're over thinking things, relax and take a deep breath, as you delve in to this hobby, you'll find that things aren't that complicated. Enjoy!

K3yPr0gg3r

I have a few of these "roto-boards" I picked up at GuitarPedals.com. You can basically place four (4) sets of different diode combinations on the board, and use the rotator switch to choose which set is active. Not sure if it's compatible with the Mudbunny PCB though. I assume that I'd still connect this board to D1 as I would if using a DPDT. Could someone let me know if this would work or not?

Thank you

jimilee

Yep, that's the same thing with more options.

K3yPr0gg3r