News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Serendipity etch, no bypass or effect

Started by gbkd80, August 18, 2016, 04:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbkd80

I just finished a Serendipity etch and I'm getting no bypass or effect signal.  I followed the project wiring instructions and wired it up using the etch layout.  Here is a shot of the pedal as it stands now:

It's hard to see on the input jack, but the dark green wire from the switch is going to the tip, and the sleeve has a green and black wire (both for ground) with the green running to the power connector ground.  Sorry for the ignorant question, but is this true bypass?  The wiring scheme is unfamiliar to me and since I'm not getting any direct signal either, I'm guessing there's something at the board level that's not passing signal.  However, the board gets power, LED works, and my voltages at the IC are as follows:

Pin1:  4.80            Pin5:  4.79
Pin2:  4.68            Pin6:  4.79
Pin3:  4.46            Pin7:  4.79
Pin4:  0.00            Pin8:  9.53

I'm also getting between 4.60-4.80 on all the transistor pins.  I didn't know if it was worth documenting or not. 

So I'm interested to know if maybe I just have something wired up incorrectly?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

gbkd80

Geez, nevermind... I re-wired the switch and got bypass and then re-soldered the pots because something was cutting in and out... Looks to be working now!