News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trem-O-Verb ended up in a pretty cool spot!

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, August 23, 2016, 06:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Tremolo into reverb in one box. I'll have to update with a gut shot later. Built it on strip board, only one little moment of panic. Had a direct short to ground from the +9v. Found a tiny solder bridge and got it cleaned up and put back together.

I built this as a gift for John Baizley of Baroness after having a chance to meet the guys before a show back in May. I delivered it to him at their Detroit show on 8/20 and he put it on his board, in the reverb loop of his gig rig for the show that night!
Pretty cool for any DIY hobby builder to have a build end up on the board of a pro touring musician....
But, this was extra special kick ass for me. Baroness has been one of my absolute favorite bands for a few years now. I've had the good fortune to meet all of the guys and see a couple of great shows.
Super good guys and they put on one hell of a live show!

First time I'm trying to link pictures from Instagram, hopefully I've done it properly......

Guess I goofed the Instagram links....

Do-over from Photobucket.....
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

stringsthings

That looks fantastic.  Is that an etch?  And where did you get the knobs?
All You Need Is Love

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

29palms

wow that looks great! very professional finish.

Jebus

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: stringsthings on August 23, 2016, 08:09:01 PM

Not an etch. I was going to etch it but my toner transfers just weren't working out. Ended up doing a waterslide decal. Sanded the top smooth, couple thin layers of clear, decal, more clear.

The knobs came from a forum member here, flanagan0718
He scored a BUNCH of these knobs and sold some of them off in the "buy,sell,trade" section a few months back.
Wish I would have ordered more of them. I still have a hand full but it'll suck once I run out. Might have to see if I can ask him where he got them for future reference....
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 23, 2016, 08:55:34 PM
Very nice!

Is that a vero Tenebrion?

Not a Tenebrion but it looks like it's probably a pretty similar circuit.
It's actually a culturejam Box-of-Hall built with the heavenwithin mods.

matmosphere

Love the artwork! I bet it doesn't sound to shabby either.

I like the labels on your pedal board. Reminds me of this:

http://www.whocollection.com/LesPaul2April2007.JPG

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: Matmosphere on August 24, 2016, 06:37:21 AM
Love the artwork! I bet it doesn't sound to shabby either.

I like the labels on your pedal board. Reminds me of this:

http://www.whocollection.com/LesPaul2April2007.JPG

Yup, sounds real good. And the labels are pretty cool but I can't take credit for that. Not my board.
It belongs to John Baizley of Baroness.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: desmondtencents on August 24, 2016, 05:29:36 AM
Very nice!

Ok! Well that's a Tenebrion, CultureJam and I develloped the Tenebrion from the Box-of-Hall, what is the heaven within mod?

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 24, 2016, 10:09:53 AM
Very nice!

Ok! Well that's a Tenebrion, CultureJam and I develloped the Tenebrion from the Box-of-Hall, what is the heaven within mod?

Only differences with the mod are a couple of resistor and capacitor values.
I got the layout from tagboard effects. Heard a demo with the "heavenwithin" mod and really liked the sound so I went with it.
Was in a bit of a time crunch otherwise I would have played around a bit with different values.
It turned out great, now I need to build another one to keep for myself. I only had a couple of medium bricks on hand. Think I'll try a long in the next one.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: desmondtencents on August 24, 2016, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 24, 2016, 10:09:53 AM
Very nice!

Only differences with the mod are a couple of resistor and capacitor values.
I got the layout from tagboard effects. Heard a demo with the "heavenwithin" mod and really liked the sound so I went with it.
Was in a bit of a time crunch otherwise I would have played around a bit with different values.
It turned out great, now I need to build another one to keep for myself. I only had a couple of medium bricks on hand. Think I'll try a long in the next one.

That's cool, i'll have a look at it, thanks for the input mate!

I have mostly always built those reverb type with the Long brick as it was more responsive with the feedback control and also because from light to medium reverb settings they sound pretty much the same, you just get the extended range of the long brick passed that range, from what i hear.

And yeah! build one for yourself, it looks amazing! 8)

flanagan0718

This thing looks awesome. I've been thinking of doing a similar build for a while now. You should post a video if possible!

Quote from: stringsthings on August 23, 2016, 08:09:01 PM

PM me I still have a few left  ;)

culturejam

That's beautiful, man!

And I'm stoked something I had a small part in is now being played by Baroness! One of my favorite bands as well.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings