News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion Electronics Cerulean w/mods

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, August 23, 2016, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

Aion Electronics Cerulean overdrive (Bluesbreaker) built to JHS Morning Glory specs. Added Bright cut mod, high gain mod, external presence control.
Used a Two-Knob-Job board from Barry at GuitarPCB.com and implemented it in a unique way. I used it to have two gain pots (green and red) but I trimmed a little off of the edge of the board so I could stuff in a 4PDT stomp switch and use the extra pole for clipping diode selection along with changing the gain pot settings. Green setting uses four symmetrical 1N914 silicon diodes and the Red gain goes with a combo of germanium diodes (1N34A) and mosfets (2N7000)
Graphic is a waterslide decal over glow in the dark paint. Couldn't get a good picture of it in the dark but it turned out pretty great.
I'll have to update later with a gutshot. It's a bit messy due to all of the off-board wiring that was necessary for the layout.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Jebus

Looks really good! I have never tried glow in the dark -paints. Is there any difference to regular spray paint?

Drew Hallenbeck

Haven't tried spray paint. This was from a small can and rolled on. It doesn't dry very hard so I was a bit worried. I got a few good thick coats of clear over top of it though. Didn't seem to give at all under the pressure of tightening all of the hardware.
I want to try the spray paint too just to see how it compares.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.