News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Has anyone built the Turnabout?

Started by eddalexandre, September 05, 2016, 10:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddalexandre

Hey! Has anyone tried to build the Angry Charlie Clone - Turnabout? If so, how did that sounded like? Why is still not verified? Tks!

Adam_DIY

I built it on Vero and it sounds mega.  I don't really use the other two settings just the led clipping. 

eddalexandre

Nice! Thanks, man!

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 05, 2016, 11:27:37 AM
I built it on Vero and it sounds mega.  I don't really use the other two settings just the led clipping. 

Muadzin

Quote from: Adam_MD on September 05, 2016, 11:27:37 AM

Me too!

Adam_DIY

I've still not got round to boxing it properly though.  The enclosure is drilled but I haven't finished it yet.  It's in my to do pile along with about 15 other pedals.

Willybomb

Haven't done the turnaround, but I've done two Crunchboxes on vero.  Does that count!

eddalexandre

Great, guys! So why is still marked as not verified project on madbeam?

sonnyboy27

Maybe the etched board hasn't been verified yet. The vero layout on tagboardeffects has been though if you want to give that a go.

eddalexandre

Quote from: sonnyboy27 on September 14, 2016, 12:59:22 PM
Maybe the etched board hasn't been verified yet. The vero layout on tagboardeffects has been though if you want to give that a go.

How can I "give that a go"? Any orientation on how to do this verification procedure? Tks!

mattlee0037

Verified just means someone built it using that layout or PCB and has confirmed it works. He's saying if you want to use a layout that is known to work you can use the tagboard vero layout

eddalexandre

Quote from: mattlee0037 on September 15, 2016, 02:38:33 PM
Verified just means someone built it using that layout or PCB and has confirmed it works. He's saying if you want to use a layout that is known to work you can use the tagboard vero layout

Tks!

pleasantbullet83

I just finished this pedal this week. I used an etching layout for a crunch box from another site. But used the mad bean turnabout values instead.

Here's a few of the things i did slightly different for my build.
1. B10K instead of C10K for tone pot
2. LED clipping only, no switching option.
3. TL082 Opamp, instead of LM833. (waiting til i need to order more parts)

I used spare parts, cheap ceramic caps, and cheap electrolytics and the pedal sounds unreal.

I did try a number of different opamps, most sound good in it with just sublte differences, i dont think you can do any wrong using any dual opamp, but i Liked the TL082 the best, considering i didn't have the 833.

This pedal is pretty unreal. the pedal really shines the best with the gain is between 50-75%.

The pick attack is so nice very believable tube sound. I tested it thru my Fender blues Deluxe, and it makes it sound like a marshall stack.
Definitely going to keep this pedal in use.