News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking, Deadringer or Aristocrat?

Started by Haberdasher, June 29, 2010, 08:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Which would rather do - boost your overdrive sound, or push you boost into the overdrive to get more gain?

Think of it this way - would you like to make the overdrive louder, or make it more overdriven? Boost after for the first, boost before for the latter.

As for the boost - SHO is easy (is that the slambox?)

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Tell you what guys: when I have a chance I'll draw up a layout for using a 4PDT to do effects order switching. There are probably some out there already, but I don't know off-hand. It sounds like it would be just the thing here.

maysink

Here's one. And this link has handy diagram for a more common type of 4PDT switch.
[nothing to see here]
-e

Haberdasher

Quote from: maysink on July 13, 2010, 03:35:03 PM
Here's one. And this link has handy diagram for a more common type of 4PDT switch.

Wow that first one is pretty cool, but I was really only wanting to be able to switch the order of a boost and an OD inside of one box at this point.

Sadly I don't even understand what the second link is trying to illustrate.   ???
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

The 4PDT switch in the beavis audio diagram is hard to find (4x3 connectors). The more common 4PDT is 6x2. Here's another pic to show the 2x6 pinout compared to the 4x3 pinout. (pic shamelessly lifted from this diystompboxes.com forum post)

[nothing to see here]
-e