News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharing Pedal Artwork

Started by GKShop, September 16, 2016, 06:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GKShop

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the place to post the question, but I was wondering if there was anywhere that people share the artwork they used for their enclosures? I am not much of an artist, but like the idea of having something more than a solid color pedal. I am trying out waterslides and pedal etching, so anything really would be cool to take a look at and try to customize a bit. I cant seem to find anything on MBP and google has found some stuff, but if there was a database or forum post somewhere, that would be ideal.

Cheers

flanagan0718

There are a number of places to find some generic art to put on pedals. Most of my stuff is images I stol(cough) BORROWED from the internet and font that is already existing in my computer. My main issue when I was doing art was software. I never used photo shop and was very limited to GIMP and other programs. I ended up using Paint for a while and it SUCKED!!!. Then Dminner recommended using Power Point. It works really well. It has tons of tools including alignment and "Artistic" effects you can put on fonts. Plus importing is really easy too.

Here is some vector art that Paul has on his webstore for free.

http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10

GKShop

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping someone had shared the full artwork / pictures that they had customized for their pedals, in addition to the label and whatnot. Don't suppose you have any art I can stea...borrow?

Im going to try ppt, GIMP and I are still not getting along well

jimilee

If you look through build reports you may find some. I'll be willing to share anything from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Geetarded on September 16, 2016, 08:52:39 AM
Thanks for the tip. I was hoping someone had shared the full artwork / pictures that they had customized for their pedals, in addition to the label and whatnot. Don't suppose you have any art I can stea...borrow?

Im going to try ppt, GIMP and I are still not getting along well

What are you looking for? What are you building? I have some saved Power Point stuff. Its pretty basic tho. I tend to not use knob indicators, just labels.

GKShop

Quote from: jimilee on September 16, 2016, 09:13:13 AM
If you look through build reports you may find some. I'll be willing to share anything from mine.

Jimilee: Thanks, I'm going to go sort through your prolific post history for inspiration

[/quote]
Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 16, 2016, 09:14:40 AM
What are you looking for? What are you building? I have some saved Power Point stuff. Its pretty basic tho. I tend to not use knob indicators, just labels.

Flanagan: I have a number of pedals currently in plain boxes or on the bench. Right now I'm building a Klon, MBP Leviathan and a MBP Fencepost. I'm good to start experimenting with PPT, but thanks for the offer. I'm assuming the scaling is trial and error?

flanagan0718

Scaling? you mean when you print? I always draw an outline acording to the datasheet. Just insert a rectangle and control (right) click and format shape to enclosure measurements. Then when you are all done and want to print just scale to 100%. That's all I do. I will work on sharing some of my art later tonight / tomorrow. That way you have a base and can work from there.

flanagan0718

beneharris

by scaling, do you mean how to know how big to make everything? I like photoshop and gimp for that, there are a bunch of premade sizes, and you can obviously customize enclosure size if you want to.

flanagan0718

Ah ok you can use the formatting in some of those that I posted. The pots are about 1/4 inch and the stomps are 1/2 inch. Other than that you might need to tailor to fit. Just mess around with it for a while it's pretty user friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKShop

Flanagan: Thank you sir. I like your echo base idea. What was the inspiration behind the ship on the moodring...or did it just look cool?

Bene: I was talking about setting everything up to the pedal dimensions then having it print the size you designed it to be. Some of it is the printer settings etc, but sometimes it seems like the program has a setting or two that messes with it too. Might just be me

flanagan0718

Quote from: Geetarded on September 16, 2016, 09:02:38 PM
Flanagan: Thank you sir. I like your echo base idea. What was the inspiration behind the ship on the moodring...or did it just look cool?

Both the Echo Base and Mood Ring were inspired by the video game Dead Space. The art for the game is quite cool.

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

I usually do mine own work. I use GIMP, and a great old program called Paint Shop Pro, (bunch of plugs for this). As far as scaling goes my 1590B artwork comes out to 442 x 838 pixels, and my 125B artwork is 725 x 1365 pixels. I'll put up a few of my designs, and if you want I could rough out some ideas for you...just give me a "theme"...space, abstract, horror, etc.
Also, VERY IMPORTANT! I made the mistake of trying to put decals over dark paint. Unless you're using a laserjet it's a bad idea!! I couldn't make out anything, and had to scrape the decal. I'll put up a few of my pedal artwork, and you can get back with me if you want me to through some ideas your way...