News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Icon series Pedal #3 - Gunslinger (Cranked AC, Crunchbox)

Started by Willybomb, September 28, 2016, 02:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

I've decided to call the pedals I'm building that happen to have iconic characters as the basis for their artwork the "Icon Series", ha.

This is Gunslinger, from Steven King's The Dark Tower series.  I'm seriously hanging for the movie to come out, and the TV series based on The Wizard and The Glass should be some epic darkness if it's anything like the book or comic.  The artwork features Roland in the field of roses, and the Gunslinger's Litany, plus the classic opening line:

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed."

The pedal itself switches between a Cranked Ac from Sabrotone's layout, and a Crunchbox layout from Tagboard.  "Ka" - lifeforce - turns the pedal on, while Twinner - a person's twin from the Territories - switches between the two dirts.  "Darks" is the gain, "Kes" is volume, while "Thinny" is tone - all are high or low language terms from The Dark Tower, The Talisman, or Black House.

No stacking of the drives. The idea is to get a chimey low-mid from the AC, and the hard high gain from the Crunchbox/

flanagan0718

Nice Build! I loved the books too! Stephen King is the man. did you see they are making a movie of this. Idrs Elba is going to be Roland...not sure how i feel about that but it could be good. Anyways, keep up the good work.

jimilee

That's pretty wicked looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Jebus